christmas

Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM

Let the memories of her keep you during the grieving.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:00 PM

Oh, I am so sorry! We love our furbabies with a special affection.What an unfortunate thing to happen during the holidays.
I hope all goes well and your new year is a good one! :thumbup:
Old 12-17-2010, 04:30 PM

I lost my beloved boxer, Ralph, last year on Dec 14. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 PM

May I recommend a book the Stephen Ministry leaders gave to all the Stephen Ministers at my church as a Christmas gift? It may help. It is called "Cracker Still Lives Here - A Story of Living, Loving and Healing" by Connie Cummings.
The introduction says the author wrote the book to encourage expression of emotion when grieving over the loss of a pet. She begins by saying "There's a long road ahead of you. I know...I've been there."
Please let me know if you are interested in the book, but cannot find it. I'll see if I can find another copy.
May God bless you richly - and may you heal from this loss and regain your joy in living - even without Trinity. Rev. Sally
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM

As so many have expressed, I am so sorry. I have lost my St. Bernard and thought my heart would break. Now I have also lost three special cats, one being my Mom's cat when my Mom died and again I thought my heart would break but I am moving closer to getting ready to adopt from the Humane Society -- soon but it is still hard.

And when the time is right or almost right, Marley and Me movie is so beautiful and through the tears and love, in a small way, it helps. I didn't think I could watch the movie and even now, just thinking of this movie, I feel the sadness.

Originally Posted by Minding My Ps and Qs
May I recommend a book the Stephen Ministry leaders gave to all the Stephen Ministers at my church as a Christmas gift? It may help. It is called "Cracker Still Lives Here - A Story of Living, Loving and Healing" by Connie Cummings.
The introduction says the author wrote the book to encourage expression of emotion when grieving over the loss of a pet. She begins by saying "There's a long road ahead of you. I know...I've been there."
Please let me know if you are interested in the book, but cannot find it. I'll see if I can find another copy.
May God bless you richly - and may you heal from this loss and regain your joy in living - even without Trinity. Rev. Sally
Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM

My thoughts and prayers.
So sorry for your loss. The unconditional love that our pets provide is so meaningful in our lives. Trinity will be waiting at Rainbow Bridge
Gail
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 PM

frenchrose, let me tell you how sorry I am to hear about your loss of Trinity. Five years ago we lost three pets in a year and a half. they were all the same age. My most precious cat who had my heart was gone. Like I said it has been five years and I still cry daily. The loss is like a child. Try to remember the funny times and the loving times you had together. It won't take the pain away, but you can smile through the tears.
Sincerely,
SueKitten1
Old 12-17-2010, 07:05 PM

definitely not stupid they are family, last month we lost our 13 year old kitty ro breast cancer and 2 days later we lost one to old age that is why I haven't felt like doing alot lately so understand.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:27 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 PM

so sorry for the loss of your beautiful companion. I have been there also, and it takes awhile. I hope you find it in your heart in the future to save another animal in need of a loving home, where they will feel secure and loved. Merry Christmas to you and your family.