Cleaning Laminate floors

Old 01-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Bona spray works great. I think it is made in Sweden?? Google it and you can probably find where to purchase.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM

we get a laminate floor cleaner at home depot that works great........no spots till I spill something again most likely 5 mins after floor is washed! My problem is the dust that shows up in the sunlight it is as if you can never get rid of it all.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 PM

I use white vinegar, the other option is the swifter and they make a cleaner just for laminate floors
Old 01-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Hi all, I figured one of you very smart people could help me. WE put in laminate floors in my living rm/dining room and down the hall. I absolutely love them. So much less dust. But I have yet to figure out how to clean then without water spots, or a film. I've tried everything, I think. If the sun isn't shining across them, they look wonderful, but we have a large patio door which lets in a lot of light, and I see every speckle, water mark, wheelchair marks. Does anyone have any good ideas. I can't get down on my floors to hand wash. But I have Swifter everything and a steam cleaner that I can use while in my chair. I'm just tired of having to bust by tussie and still have them look dirty to me.
I use the Swiffer Wet Jet on mine in the basement sewing studio. Don't know if it streaks because I don't look at it; am too busy sewing.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Thanks for all your ideas. I'll probably try them all until I get the look I want. You can only see the streaks when the sun is shining in the patio door. I used vinegar/white/alcohol this morning on the walk area and it seems to work pretty good. But I'm going to check out the other products, and microfiber cloth!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Thanks for all your ideas. I'll probably try them all until I get the look I want. You can only see the streaks when the sun is shining in the patio door. I used vinegar/white/alcohol this morning on the walk area and it seems to work pretty good. But I'm going to check out the other products, and microfiber cloth!!!
I think your biggest problem is that you have too much time on your hands. If you get busy quilting, you won't be looking at the floor :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I think your biggest problem is that you have too much time on your hands. If you get busy quilting, you won't be looking at the floor :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Yeah I think you are right. ROFLMBO
Old 01-04-2011, 03:21 PM

I bought a steam mop but I was afraid to use it because the directions said the strong heat of the steam could dull the floor.I was disapointed because I thought steam would really clean my floors.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:56 PM

we also live in FL, 6mths anyway. Wanted to put in hard wood floors instead of carpets which we have. Have been hearing that maybe we need laminate. we are confused as to what wood type to use here it does get humid will that affect the floors and someone we know just put in hard wood but, cemented them in?? any info on these would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM

I clean mine with the floor cleaner "Bruce" for hardwood and laminate floor, I buy it at Home Depot or Lowes stores. It is a spray but I don't spay it directly on the laminate floor, but in the water. If I dont feel to wash on my knees, I use a "swiffer" mope and cover the bottom part of it with a rag... wich I rinse as it needs in my bucket filled with water and "Bruce" :-D