Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand? >

comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand?

comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:25 PM

http://www.zcoil.com/<o></o>
<o></o>
I have worn these in lace up tennis and sandals for 12 years. They are like walking on thick carpet. When you pull them off you feel like you are stomping with your bare feet.<o></o>
When you walk you impact every bone up your spine, these lessen the impact a great deal.<o></o>
They have saved many from surgery. If I can’t wear my springs,,,,I don’t want to go!<o></o>
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

I like nice looking but comfortable shoes. I like Naturalizer brand and SAS. Those are the only brands I wore when I worked. I have never liked the look of tennis shoes/sneaker on women over 50 so I don't wear them. Crocs are the most comfortable shoes I have worn. The website has dressy Crocs, boots, flats, and loafers not seen in most stores http://www.crocs.com/crocs-women/women,default,sc.html My Dr. suggested I wear a pair of Crocs around the house for my tired and hurting feet and now I'm hooked.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 11-11-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM

This is a great post!! Thanks. I have never heard of Sas shoes.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM

Default Needed.. comfortable shoes

I also have a high arch, but due to a smashed ankle many years ago, I now wear lace up Cowboy
Ropers most of the time. My last pair I simply wore out after 4 or so years, just got another pair a
month or so ago. I CAN, when needed, wear low heels for an hour or two or so, but immediately go
back to my ropers.When it's cold weather my ankle hurts more, so I use a stretch bandage inside
the right boot. With them I can walk miles.
Brand name Ariat is the brand I've used for many years. They are comfortable, look neat and somewhat
like a high top lace up shoe under pants. With a black and tan purse I feel "put together", and also wear
them from morning to night with very little pain any more in winter.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 PM

I have been working as a nurse for over 20 years...Birkenstocks used to be my favourite but I tried Keens and love them even more...They are soooooo comfortable.... I do a lot of walking with my job and they are great..
Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by bergalex99 View Post
Amen to Dansko! They are my absolute favorites.
I just wish Dansko came in half sizes. I wear a 7 1/2 and their enclosed shoes do not fit me well. I did buy 2 pair of the Sophia sandals which i love and lived in all summer but alas, their enlosed shoes do not work for me. sigh

Sandy
Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM

I worked 10 hrs a night 5 and 6 nights a week on concrete in a factory, Ariat were the only ones that supported my arches. I find them at almost all the farm stores and they even make sandals.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM

I love my Dansko clogs. I have 6 pairs. I also love my Ariat shoes and low boots. They are sold in tack shops and maybe Amazon.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Totally agree with SAS lace up leather walking shoe. Once you are fitted for 'your' shoe (no charge) nothing is as comfortable. Have some Sketchers and New Balance walking shoes but all the seams find a way to cramp my feet. Wore Clarks for a long time until feet problems made their appearance. I have some dressy flat SAS for church. Otherwise the lace up leather is my Go-to show. Good luck.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM

Propet shoes. they r the best. I had knee replacement and couldn't bend my knee for a while and had trouble walking. I have 2 pair of Propet, a suede dress shoe and tennis shoe. They r so comfortable, like wearing slippers. I now only wear Propet.