Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand? >

comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand?

comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM

I love my Easy Spirit slip on's
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM

I really like Merrills, Keen, and for an awesome comfortable sandal, I wear Tony Little's Cheeks Bandals. I get those on ebay. I have 3 pairs and wear them all summer. They are the only flip flop type sandal I can wear.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 AM

one word - Birkenstock! I have been wearing 'Boston' which is a comfy clog, but they come in closed backs, too. A bit pricey, but I've had mine for over ten years! I have foot trouble - heel spurs to be exact - and my 'Birks' allow me to walk all day if I need to. Go to their website, or check on QVC.com - they sometimes have them at reduced prices. Beware of S-A-S!! Mine fell apart after I got them a little wet!!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
Well I know they are expensive..but I would recommend SAS shoes. To me they are really worth the money!
I totally agree with SAS. I had surgery on both feet and this is the brand of shoes that the surgeon told me to buy. He had me bring them to his office and approved the fit before he made my inserts for them. The inserts that come in the shoes are very comfortable. I required special inserts after my surgery. There was one more brand he would have approved, but they were made with a stiffer leather and were not nearly as comfortable. I hope you can find shoes that work for you. I agree that comfort is the most important thing.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 AM

I have very high arches and I wear arch supports in my shoes. I did find some Chaco shoes that are a perfect fit for me. They are sandals and I wear socks in the winter with them. The fit is excellent, they are made so that there is little chance of turning your ankle .
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 AM

Ifyou are looking for a pair of comfortable walking shoes nothing beats the ones made by SAS. They are expensive but well worth the money.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 AM

Try Merrel (slides) I have two pair and am in them everyday
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
My biggest success with shoes has been the Clarks leather slip intos. I know that is not a word but you get the idea. I had three pair (brown, navy and black) and they just wore out this year. I wore them very often all year round for eight years. The most comfortable shoes I have ever had. Am going to get some more very soon. Good luck in your quest. Feet that hurt can ruin anyone's day.
Clarks get my vote too.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 AM

I ware a shoe that was made for docs and nurses. I have high arches and bone spurs on the top of my foot. They are called danksco and come in all sorts of material. Look it up on line and read about them. I love mine!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 AM

I found "Orthaheel" on QVC. they come in tennis, sandles, dress shoes etc. a bit pricy, but if if they don't work for you after 30 days, you can send them back. I work as a nursing assistant, and run all day, I need good support too, and these have worked well for me, but I'm always looking for comfortable shoes at a good price, as I've gotten older, seems like my feet have sort of fallen apart, like my sock is bunched up at the ball of my foot even though that's not the case...