Couponing-anyone else?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Need to do something about me. Good place to start.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
Keep an eye on the ones from the dollar store. I was in one this past weekend and the cashier told a customer that was buying several that for the past few weeks they didn't have coupons or sale fliers in them; the ones at 7-11 did. I don't know if they are doing this because they are cheaper or what; just beware.
She could have mistaken the holiday weekend for missing inserts. There are no inserts on a holiday weekend, but usually the week after (like this past weekend after Memorial Day) there will be more coupons. This past weekend there were 3 inserts - Smart Saver, Red Plum and Proctor & Gamble. But you are right in warning them to check them before purchase, they could be missing for a number of reasons.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Argh... cut a bunch of coupons, made sure to incorporate my meals with products that i had coupons for... and that dang Walmart. As I was loading the last few bags she had it totalled and the reciept handed to me (i had already put my debit card in)... as I stood there dumbfounded stuttering that "but I had coupons" she looked at me like i was a goof and the people in line were staring daggers. A big ole waste of time for me!! :) THanks for letting me vent. :)
I forgot to hand the cashier my coupon (at WalMart). My friend with me had me take it to the service counter, with my receipt--they gave me cash for it. I just had the one, so don't know if they would do more.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 AM

No, this was just two days ago. The 7-11 store had inserts; it was just the ones from the dollar store and the cashier was nice enough to warn customers when they were buying more than one that there had not been fliers or coupons for the past couple of weeks. Here we do get coupons on holidays; especially on holidays. As a matter of fact the newpaper will send a special section out to home addresses thru the mail even if they don't subscribe
Old 06-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
No, this was just two days ago. The 7-11 store had inserts; it was just the ones from the dollar store and the cashier was nice enough to warn customers when they were buying more than one that there had not been fliers or coupons for the past couple of weeks. Here we do get coupons on holidays; especially on holidays. As a matter of fact the newpaper will send a special section out to home addresses thru the mail even if they don't subscribe
Yes, this past weekend, June 5th, had coupons. But, the weekend of May 29th, there were no inserts. I'm not assuming all locations are the same as here - it tells you on the internet sites that give you insert information, that certain weekends do not have coupons. As for your Dollar Tree not having inserts when they are scheduled to be, I'm sorry they've missed some. It may be particular to that store, and I don't know why that would happen since they are supposed to be the same as all other papers distributed. Perhaps a carrier that collects coupons??? Gee, I hope that's not the case. Even though mine hasn't had any problems when they were scheduled to have inserts, I still check before purchase. I check in Wal-Mart too, if I happen to get to Dollar Tree too late (you have to get there when they open, here it's 9am on Sunday). Wal-Mart papers do get picked through the later it gets in the day. One site that gives insert schedules is http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/2...sert-schedule/ . It also has listings of coupons in the inserts as well (gives you extra time for planning).
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 AM

I gave my dh my grocery list today, and my coupons! We shall see if he use the coupons! GRRRR! I don't have time to get to the store before our cookout! So I am keeping my fingers crossed, we can same something!