a crimp in my style!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I am so sorry about your ankle. Will certainly keep you in my thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery. As mentioned earlier, this will be a good time to do a lot of reading, quilt planning, and hanging out here. A friend fell 3 wks ago & shattered her ankle in 4 places. Surgery was required & she will be totally off of her foot for at least 6 more wks before they will put a walking cast on. Seems a lot of broken bones are occurring this Summer. Take Care & be patient. Don't rush things. {{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}
Thank you for the hugs. All of you are being so kind. There has been a rash of broken ankles here on the peninsula both hospitals told me.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by jbud2
Yikes! That's rough! Just glad you didn't injure your hands in your fall. A friend fell and broke both her wrists. Her sister took her to the hospital, had to help her get a urine sample!! Then a week or so later,she wanted a bath instead of a shower, and sister tried to help her. They had to call another sister to help her get out of the tub! She said they laughed so hard, they cried.

Take care and find a good book or so. . .. .
Got one!

That is what I did too getting in and out of the shower. I have a walk in but a step up and a ledge into the shower. IT was a fiasco. But we laughed and I cried too. My two oldest were here to help me but they have gone home now. I sprained my left ankle
Old 08-13-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Originally Posted by sharon b
Oh So sorry ! What about putting the foot pedal between your thighs ?
This is a good one! Like Suzanne Sommers selling that thingy a few years back, yeah, the thighmaster! Will that work for you? All kidding aside, hope recovery is quick and you are back to normal soon!
Laughter is good...
Old 08-13-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Originally Posted by sharon b
Oh So sorry ! What about putting the foot pedal between your thighs ?
This is a good one! Like Suzanne Sommers selling that thingy a few years back, yeah, the thighmaster! Will that work for you? All kidding aside, hope recovery is quick and you are back to normal soon!
Laughter is good...
Old 08-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
Sorry to hear of your accident. A few years back I fell 9ft. from the attic access to a cement floor & shattered my ankle. Fortunately it was my left. I remember using my crutches to get to the riding mower to cut my grass. One day my cast slipped off the clutch while coming into the garage & I took out my Craftsman tool box -better than my car. I was also making trips back & forth (300 mi.) to the other side of PA as my sister was losing her battle with colon cancer.

Before I retired in 96, I also broke a wrist. Again, good thing it was my left. Dealing with getting the bra on & hair done were the real challenge.
Oh my gosh! That is a funny visual, bet it wasn't funny at the time tho.
When I first read this I thought you said you retired AT 96, looked back and saw it said "IN" 96. Hope things are going better now. :-)
Old 08-15-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi Franie,
It's been a few days since you posted this . . . how are you doing?