Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

i recently visited the town i grew up in... can't even imagine living in the isolated place. i grow and thrive wherever i've been transplanted. life is an adventure!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM

I have lived in Northern California all my life - when I went to college it was about 50 miles away from home - Married and moved about 2 hrs away - now that we are retired - still in Northern California but about 5 hours away from our childhood homes. My whole family lives in Nor. Cal and my hubby's too.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 AM

My Dad was Navy, so I grew up all along the East coast, married a sailor who kept us moving along the East coast, then he went to seminary in Ft. Wayne, IN and we have been in South Dakota since 1984. Can't get out of it...But it is a nice place to live, but my heart is near the sea, I would settle for either ocean, but guess that isn't going to be.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

I even switched countries, from Germany to the good old US of A. But I knew I would leave there from a very young age.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 AM

born and raised in east tx a very small town moved in 96 to a small town in tn finshed raising kids in tn husband traveld kids grown so started traveling with husband 04 in fl know
Old 10-22-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I have lived in Northern California all my life - when I went to college it was about 50 miles away from home - Married and moved about 2 hrs away - now that we are retired - still in Northern California but about 5 hours away from our childhood homes. My whole family lives in Nor. Cal and my hubby's too.
I was born and raised in Northern CA too - Santa Rosa to be exact. I lived there, moved to San Jose for a year and a half, hated it, moved back to Santa Rosa, then moved to Washington. Have been here 7 years and though I like it, do not feel the roots growing too deep. You might say the roots have spread out in the pot a bit, but I still feel like I could pick up and go. No family near by, and despite the winters, I still dream of living on the East Coast.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

I was born in Colorado, when I was 8 my family moved
to the Western slopes of CO.

When I was 16 I got married and moved to NC where I
lived for 17-1/2 yrs. In 1998 I moved back to CO to
be near my family and so that my daughter could get
to know her other grandparents (my parents) better.

If it had not been for my family still being alive
and living in CO I would have moved some place warmer;
since I am NOT a fan of cold weather and snow.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 AM

My parents had itchy feet when I was growing up. After mom and bio dad divorced when I was a year old, mom came back to WA state. When she remarried to my dad (step) they kinda didn't stay in once place to long around WA till I was 2nd or 3rd grade when they bought a house. Sold it and moved about 6years later moved around WA. again for a few more years. We ended up in Oregon after I went to job corp. here. Finally ended up in mid valley, met husband, got married, had kids moved to the house where we have now lived close to 18 years. I'm ready to move again only this time to another part of the state on the other side of the mountains, snow and all. Our town is one of the fastest growing in the state and i'm ready to go find small town again that is not likely to explode with fast food joints and population.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:48 AM

I grew up in the St Louis area, and moved to Minnesota when my (now ex) husband took a job with the airlines here in 1986....now I have 2 grandkids that are here, and my DH (#2 - I traded up) has 3 kids.....so I am here to stay (unless my DD moves, then I'm following them!!)
Old 10-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Couldn't wait to get out of the town I was born in. Nothing there to hold anyone. I've lived in various places and it's always home. Now back to living in a small town and I love it.