Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got? >

Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got?

Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Our 14 year old GD loves to draw. She gave us copies of her recent black & white drawing. There is nothing like a home made gift, from those we care for. Here is just one example of her drawings. Enjoy everyone!!
:D :D :D :D
WOW! Sulabug, she is already an artist. Is she planning on going to art school later on?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
I keep a box in the closet where I put little things all year long that I pick up for gifts. When I find some little cute thing that reminds me of someone, in it goes :D:D:D
It could be a necklace, pair of cute socks, a charm, tshirt, keychain, miniatures....no rhyme nor reason...just something that catches my and and says "so and so would LOVE this" :D:D:D

What a great idea...ok, I have to start me a "so and so would love this - box!":wink:
I just love little things, and to know that it was bought with me in mind. I don't care if it costs fifty cents. How thoughtful Amma.
It must be fun to go through them when Christmas rolls around.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 PM

A very nice person gave me a big bag of Butterfingers! :)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Dix

The best thing we got this year was a long narrow box from only grand daughter and her hubby. Inside was a pink ribbon and a blue ribbon. Telling us she is pregnant and we have to wait 16 weeks for the Ultrasound.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM

Sulabug - That young lady has talent!!!

My DGS is 10 and knows that I love penguins and he is always on the lookout for them. I got penguin socks, 3 little penguin ornaments made from red jingle bells, a foam penguin ornament and a little necklace made with silk yarn and foam snowflakes with a little penguin in the middle. It is adorning my light in my sewing room. He helped his mum make all of them except the socks! AND he directed his Poppy to the penguin calendars (got a small one for my sew room) when they went Christmas shopping together!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 AM

Believe it or not -- my cutest gift was a 5-gallon bucket (LOL). I'm a huge University of Georgia fan, and my daughter bought me a red bucket from Home Depot with the UGA logos on it! I can use it for any number of things while tailgating next fall.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dix
The best thing we got this year was a long narrow box from only grand daughter and her hubby. Inside was a pink ribbon and a blue ribbon. Telling us she is pregnant and we have to wait 16 weeks for the Ultrasound.
wow, Dix, that would make me cry,...and of course I would keep them forever. A million things can be conveyed by something so little and so beautiful such as two ribbons in a box:wink:
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pineapple Princess
A very nice person gave me a big bag of Butterfingers! :)
yummers, they are a nice person!:-P
Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

they're just so many wonderful things here, and I love to hear the 'sound' in your words describing what they mean to you all.
Each post is just awesome and touching. I hope there are more to come :-D
Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
dsj

She is quite talented. I would treasure that. Both my kids painted pictures for me this year. I love them.