Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A different take on Enough Already >

A different take on Enough Already

A different take on Enough Already

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 AM

Direct TV channel is 279. That may be right about waiting to send them on, but looked like alot to me at the time. They were all very nice.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Drama is what they were going for-not necessarily actual truth. Who would agree to air their dirty laundry in public-unless you are compensated. Her kithen, bath and bedrooms could be just really neat and spotless-maybe why no one saw these rooms-no drama there. On hoarders, any one featured was out of control EVERYWHERE. I just think the drama was hyped to make it more emotional. I think staged is what I'm going for. Sure we could all use a little more organization, me expecially. The husband seemed a bit of a wimp and didn't take ownership of his part of the messy garage, I think he choaked a bit in front of the camera:). I'm thinking everyone was coached as to what to say to get it all going-not a surprise-just think of all of the support production crew that had to be there. The military group had to be organized as to when to show up, etc. A reality show can be directed to the way that will get the most ratings. But there was great storage in that garage. OWN is a new network and needed to do something to get a big boost of ratings up front-it's all about the $$, supposted to be "entertainment" that's all.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by jbud2
Personally, I think these homes are staged. Look at your own sewing areas - needles and pins, threads, paper, dust bunnies? Don't you have them? These shows show stuff everywhere , falling in upon itself and NO DIRT!! The dirtiest homes I ever saw were on the British show about the two women who came in and cleaned the house up, after swabbing for germs and bacteria. Now those places were really a mess!
I agree. The whole thing was staged!!!! I think the fabric was brought in from other rooms in the house and friends and dumped in the middle of a clean living room. I think the father and the rest of the family were embarrassed to be on the show. It was all her and her daughter. I can cry on demand and look like you are hurting my feelings. I was very disappointed in the show.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by lisalisa
I saw it and thought right away that she was just dis-organized and cha-ching she is sitting on a gold mine.

I was really taken back how they treated her. Quilters are the most selfless, loving, giving people I've ever known and there they were talking to her like some spoiled self-indulgent lazy child.

Anyone think she's secretly a member of the QB? Come on out girl, we support you. Take back the living room. Send the family to the garage!
You said it! Why can't they have their family dinners in the garage? Do they eat there every day? So save the dinning area and organize and shelve the living area and leave that quilter alone. It is her world and I am assuming the grown children have their own lives. My message to the daughter is GET OVER YOURSELF!
Nobody had better ever touch my stash....
Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 AM

I missed the first 10 minutes of this show, did they say what she or her husband did for a living to afford all this fabric.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric
I missed the first 10 minutes of this show, did they say what she or her husband did for a living to afford all this fabric.
She started a chapter of Quilts of Valor. A lot of it is donated to her. She isn't buying it. It is a charity more than a hobby, operated out of her home.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:13 PM

Oh I didn't consider her a hoarder.......she had so much donated to her for a worthy cause. It looks like it overwhelmed her and got out of control in my opinion. Hoarders have a hard time letting go and she didn't seem to have that difficulty. I think Peter Walsh was not as ruthless as he has been on other shows because of the generous work she was doing for our troops.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM

I personally think WE as quilters should have been called in to help her BEFORE what's his name...Peter Walsh. I have so many unanswered questions from the show but was so relieved that she didn't have to get rid of all her fabric. Was she hoarding more in the bedrooms, is that why we didn't get to see them? Wouldn't that be funny if the 2 spare bedrooms were full of fabric too just for back up! But I do know that we quilters could have done it with her, for her & she would have enjoyed it so much more! I think if it really bothered her daughter that much, she would have stepped in BEFORE it got this far. Like or dislike!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:15 PM

I watched it and was a little overwhelmed by her living room and wondered what the rest of the house was like. I didn't care for the attitude of her daughter.

The shelving in the garage looked great, but as mentioned, it will get dusty, is not climate controled, etc.

I have watched Hoaders before and those people had junk stacked up high and little trails to walk through all through their house. This lady was different. She didn't have OCD. She just needed a little organization and/or a nice little building out back for a studio.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:26 PM

I thought most of the shows like this one are to help people get control back into their lives and put things in perspective as to what is important- family and people not things. Like we shouldn't think more of our fabric than we do of our family, we need to get rid of stuff because it is the memories that are important. Stuff is Stuff not the person or a living being