Do you Garden...

Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

and if so, are you already getting ITCHY to get something planted..seeds started, etc....

I know I am....Cleaning out the greenhouse this weekend, and shifting the plants around in there so I can get trays cleaned and ready....just in case...

Time to plant taters too...and start some radishes, lettuces and bok choy!

what do you grow?

my beds last spring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163347[/ATTACH]

My golden helping me plant strawberries last spring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163774[/ATTACH]

veggie table warming up with radishes and lettuces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164284[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163342.jpe   attachment-163769.jpe   attachment-164279.jpe  
Old 02-17-2011, 08:20 PM

Your strawberry buckets look interesting. How many plants do you put into each one?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bibliostone
Your strawberry buckets look interesting. How many plants do you put into each one?
there are 12 strawberry plants a marigold and 4 pansies..

though this year they are getting nasturtiums on top!
They hang and are great fun!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:36 PM

I am so ready to start in my gardens. I see all kinds of stuff coming up in my flower gardens. We hope to have a bigger garden this year. I will be canning. The groceries are just getting to high. But we love growing things. I have won ribbons on my flowers in shows.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Just got a bunch of gardening catalogs in the mail this week and am drooling over them. We just moved in here last summer, so have to do a lot of stuff from scratch. Hubby is putting in a water garden. I like lots of trailing and climbing flowers.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 PM

I have all my pictures on facebook in my albums there. I love the clematis. I have wysteria and gets larger each year. I'm just a flower nut. My husband tells me you can't have every flower you see. I tell him I'll give it my best shot. I've got seeds I need to plant also.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 PM

I would love to have a nice looking yard. But I can't handle the heat or the sun and my health doesn't permit me to:-( I really envy those who have pretty yards and lovely flowers.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 PM

I want to have a garden this year... I hope I can manage to do that. Years ago, I used to have a good sized garden, but 6 years ago, we moved to a condo and there was no space for a garden. We had some tomatoes in an earth box on the deck and I planted flowers around the front walk, but that was it. We moved to this house in northern Michigan a year ago and the yard needed serious work! Last summer, I only managed to clean the yard up, plant and transplant some plants in front of the front porch and clean out about half the raspberries. There must have been a garden here years ago because there's a long raised bed in the back yard that has completely grown over with grass and weeds and to make matters worse, my husband piled branches and leaves at one end last fall. The sides of the bed have fallen over and the boards were half buried, so I'm not sure where to start. Also, the growing season is short here, so I'm thinking of planing tomatoes in planters that I can bring into the garage at night when it starts getting cold in the fall. And lastly, I have back problems and arthritis in my hips, so gardening is a lot harder for me than it used to be. But I sure do want a garden!!! I'm thinking of hiring someone to dig out the boards, till up all the weeds and get it ready for planting. I like the idea of a raised bed so I can reach it better.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Square foot gardening works very well for those that can no longer "crawl around" the large garden anymore. They are raised and allow us to grow beautiful things and not have too much work doing it (smile). Give it a try.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:49 PM

I'm sure after we get settled in our new home this spring we'll figure out what we want to do with the yard and flower beds. I know we're planning on doing container veggies. I doubt if we'll do an in ground veggie garden.