Do you have pierced ears?

Old 12-14-2014, 10:12 AM

I used self piercing earrings and has two holes in each ear I kept loosing 1T one of my good earings and can only wear Gold or surgical steel so I have not worn any for a long time.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

I got mine pierced in my 30s. I'll be 71 January 1st. I don't wear big earrings, just hoops or studs. Only had a problem in the beginning when they were healing. None since then.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:25 AM

Got mine pierced in the late 60's when it was the rage at the time. Now don't wear them very often, unless I happen to remember. LOL People tell me that the holes will close up, but mine haven't.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:30 AM

I have one hole in each ear.

But I have had my ears pierced 7 times.

Even after wearing earrings daily for 10 years, if went two weeks without earrings, they would close over completely.

I had them done for the 7th time this past summer, they had been grown over for about 3 years. Mostly because I missed wearing some of the lovely earrings I have collected over the years.

I also like whimsical earrings. I bought myself a cat and mouse pair a couple weeks ago. One is a wire cat the other the mouse.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

got it wheni was 10, then the second hole in the left ear when I was 26.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
Mine are pierced....twice in each ear. I'm a rebel.....
Me too I wear a pair of diamond studs mr bill gave me in 2001 every single day only take them out to clean them. I rarely wear any in the upper ones anymore. mostly because I'm kind of lazy but any time I want to its no problem to put them on.

Last edited by Billi; 12-14-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

My mother and I went back in "65'. We went to the dr. to get them done. He used that ugly surgical needle and thick thread. I went first because my mother thought if I passed out she could drive us home. I didn't pass out and mine didn't bleed at all. Mom's ears bled like a stuck pig. Mine got infected and hers didn't. Not sure why. I had trouble for a long time but they eventually healed. My sisters all got theirs pierced by my cousin. I later got mine pierced a second time and once again got infected. When I graduated, mom asked if I wanted diamond earrings or a graduation party. I said earrings since they would last longer. Matter of fact, I'm wearing them right now. I don't pack jewelry when I travel. I wear my earrings and rings. Just diamonds and rubies and pearls. Don't get excited they aren't that big but Mom and DH gave them both to me. I went quite a while not wearing them, not sure why but I take them out to clean and sleep in them. I never wore much jewelry, simply because it's enough to decide what clothes to wear much less what jewelry to wear. No big deal if you don't have pierced ears. I don't understand some of the other piercings about the body and putting in bumps. What kind of statement are they trying to make? Doesn't matter either, I don't care. My youngest came home on his 18th birthday with his tongue pierced. He did not get the reaction from me he thought he would. I just said, "Well it isn't my tongue" There would be a big fight on your hands if you tried to do that to me." His tongue piercing lasted about 6 months. He got tired of the bad breath from getting food caught in the piercing. Yes everyone I have met that has a tongue piercing has bad breath. I know of a young girl who had braces. She got a tongue piercing with out her parents knowing. They found out when she got it caught in the braces. Dentist removed the piercing and repaired the damage it did to her braces.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
My mother and I went back in "65'. We went to the dr. to get them done. He used that ugly surgical needle and thick thread. I went first because my mother thought if I passed out she could drive us home. I didn't pass out and mine didn't bleed at all. Mom's ears bled like a stuck pig. Mine got infected and hers didn't. Not sure why. I had trouble for a long time but they eventually healed. My sisters all got theirs pierced by my cousin. I later got mine pierced a second time and once again got infected. When I graduated, mom asked if I wanted diamond earrings or a graduation party. I said earrings since they would last longer. Matter of fact, I'm wearing them right now. I don't pack jewelry when I travel. I wear my earrings and rings. Just diamonds and rubies and pearls. Don't get excited they aren't that big but Mom and DH gave them both to me. I went quite a while not wearing them, not sure why but I take them out to clean and sleep in them. I never wore much jewelry, simply because it's enough to decide what clothes to wear much less what jewelry to wear. No big deal if you don't have pierced ears. I don't understand some of the other piercings about the body and putting in bumps. What kind of statement are they trying to make? Doesn't matter either, I don't care. My youngest came home on his 18th birthday with his tongue pierced. He did not get the reaction from me he thought he would. I just said, "Well it isn't my tongue" There would be a big fight on your hands if you tried to do that to me." His tongue piercing lasted about 6 months. He got tired of the bad breath from getting food caught in the piercing. Yes everyone I have met that has a tongue piercing has bad breath. I know of a young girl who had braces. She got a tongue piercing with out her parents knowing. They found out when she got it caught in the braces. Dentist removed the piercing and repaired the damage it did to her braces.
Only the second piercings closed up and that's ok.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:36 PM

I got permission when I was 12, our neighbor who I believed to be a pirate did it, he had a peg leg, BIG handlebar mustache, he sharpened a pair if gold wires while I held ice on both sides of my ear, when it was "dead" he cut a potato in half, put it behind my ear lob and pushed the earwire through. I will never forget that sound! The worse part was the ice. Then when I was 40 and on husband number 3, I went to a different church (the ex got the good one!) The preachers wife was a dainty little 70 year old playing the piano, she had a small hoop in the regular spot then a small stud just above it and thought it looked so nice. Next week when I came home with a second hole, #3 said "but you're not gonna get anymore right?"
Old 12-14-2014, 01:59 PM

My girl firend did mine when I was 16 with a bar of soap and a needle. I've had them 54 years without a problem. I just wear simple studs since I no longer dress and go out much.

I didn't bother getting permission since it was easier to ask forgiveness than getting permission! My parents said NO to everything.