Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have pierced ears?

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    Mine are pierced....twice in each ear. I'm a rebel.....
    Mine are pierced twice in the left and once in the right. I guess that makes me an asymmetrical rebel
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Quote Originally Posted by Monika View Post
    Mine are pierced. Two in each ear. But I wear the same earrings ALL the time......I even sleep in all four. I have one pair that I have worn for over forty years, plain gold loops. I only take them out for surgery................:').............
    Same here.... plus my neckalce. I never take my jewlery off this way I can't loose it.

Blog Entries
    Unpierced here.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Monika View Post
    Mine are pierced. Two in each ear. But I wear the same earrings ALL the time......I even sleep in all four. I have one pair that I have worn for over forty years, plain gold loops. I only take them out for surgery................:').............
    Same here I have plain gold loops that was give to me on my first mother's day that was 41 yers ago.
    granna of 5

My Dad would not allow me to have pierced ears when I was growing up. He said only loose women had pierced ears. Got married at 18 and 3 days I became a loose woman. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Mine are not pierced, but only b/c of reactions to the metal, even gold. I can only wear my wedding ring b/c I have it lined w/ rhodium. I was in my mid 30's when I found out about rhodium and already used to not wearing jewelry so didn't see the point in trying again.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

yep, pierced twice. My sister did one of them the first time while her friend held me down (I wasn't wanting it pierced, I was 6) and Mom came in before the deed was completed. So I had 1 pierced that grew back. In about 3 years, I wanted mine pierced so my sister (who is only 4 yrs older than me by the way) did the old needle and thread trick. She got both of them done before Mom came in. When I was about 35 I got them both pierced and wear diamond studs all them time in the top holes. No more for me, afraid I'll start leaking
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Yup...twice here too! First time...1967...doctors office. My dad was NOT happy. I thought I could hide it with my long hair, but he noticed at the dinner table! "Are those holes in your head?" LOL....then a few years later got the second ones done....his response?...."Weren't two holes enough!"

I actually pierced mine myself when I was 13. My parents wouldn't let me have pierced ears. I had long hair, so I could hide my holes. The stupid things kids do. I stopped wearing earrings over 30 years ago, and the holes are pretty much closed up now.
    Lori

How funny what people were told back in the 60's. My parents said only Catholics and gypsies had their ears pierced, we were Lutherans so no piercing. They never relented. So when I got married and moved to So. Cal. my husband was over seas so I was bored and went and got my ears pierced. This was in 1973. A few years later my dad wanted to get my mom some diamond earrings. She said she was afraid she would lose one unless her ears were pierced because she was forever losing one earring with the clip ons. So off they went and had her ears pierced and for her next birthday she was given a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. My SIL refuses to have her ears pierced. She said she never felt the need.

I got mine done in early '60's by my cousin. Close pin, needle, ice, thread. Boy, did I have problems! My lobs are thick, so when I tried to wear studs, the posts just weren't long enough, so the lob swelled up. One time they got so, so bad. Anyway, I found "Simply Whispers" that sells 'hyperallergenic" earrings, wires, posts, necklaces, etc. There is no nickel in any, so I can't wear the cheap stuff. Can wear gold & silver too. When I see some cute cheap earrings, I just put the dangle on a hyperallergenic wire. I can remember my Mam Maw wearing long, dangley ones. Also can buy the wires at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. I've made lots, so keep myself, my DGDs & my DD well supplied. All DGDs are pierced but 1 & she got 'er done just little while ago (she's 14).
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    It's something I started noticing years ago. I am the only one of all my female friends/relatives that do not have pierced ears. Anyone else not have them?
    I promised my grandmother that I would never pierce my ears. In the "olden" days, the earrings were heavier and they pulled on the lobe of the ear and truly, my grandmother had pulled lobes!!!!!! And for that reason I did not. My sisters did, my sisters daughters did, my MOTHER did, but I am the only one in the family with virgin ears. Even my granddaughter has three holes in her "head"! each side!!!! I keep telling her that her brains are going to seep out! She doesn't believe. Who ever doesn't believe their own grandmother. I'm 76 and I could have them pierced - I CAN'T STAND PAIN!!!!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    How funny what people were told back in the 60's. My parents said only Catholics and gypsies had their ears pierced, we were Lutherans so no piercing. They never relented. So when I got married and moved to So. Cal. my husband was over seas so I was bored and went and got my ears pierced. This was in 1973. A few years later my dad wanted to get my mom some diamond earrings. She said she was afraid she would lose one unless her ears were pierced because she was forever losing one earring with the clip ons. So off they went and had her ears pierced and for her next birthday she was given a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. My SIL refuses to have her ears pierced. She said she never felt the need.
    Another perfectly good reason for not getting your ears pierced. I, too, am Lutheran. So besides my grandma's pulled lobes and my religion, not to mention my fear of pain, I won't get them pierced. And another thing, I was a thumb sucker when I was little and some people have their blankies, I had my left ear. Sucked my right thumb and pulled my left ear. So now one ear lobe is longer than the other.......I still have virgin ears, but I keep my hair covered over my ears. This sounds so ridiculous, doesn't it? It's true. And I will continue to be a Lutheran - Missouri Synod, yet!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    Mine have been pierced since I was 12~
    And how old are you today? LOL.

Doris

Blog Entries
    I have two. One is for my diamond studs that I wear all the time. 2nd is for how I feel for the day and what I want to wear.

Doris

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    Mine are pierced and I pretty much wear the same earrings all the time. I sleep in them and only take them out occasionally to clean them. They have been pierced for years and years.

My mom got my ears pierced for me at 6 months old LOL ... I haven't worn any earrings for the last 14 years ... because my parrot would swoop down and POP out it comes! I learned really quick - no jewellry when you own a parrot ... OR remember to take it off all the time ... much easier to not wear it.

The holes have never closed over either.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
    I did. Then I developed a cyst in one ear lob. It was either have surgery to remove the cyst, or stop wearing pierced earring. That was not a difficult decision to make. My holes have long grown closed.
    Same here. I tried getting the ear repierced but it didn't "take" and I just gave up. Earrings are the only jewelry I've ever really enjoyed wearing and I have some gorgeous ones so it really makes me sad. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was in my 40's and I always detested the clips and screw ons so rarely ever wore those.
    Pat

I guess I thought everyone did,,,,,

Blog Entries
    I had mine done with a needle and ice cube when I was 18. A nurse did it...my aunt loaned me her good earrings for 30 days. When my dad saw me, he told me I was an idiot. (His word.) Fast forward to my son being out on his own and getting his tongue pierced. My husband saw it while we were eating at a restaurant and said, "You idiot." WELL.
    I told my son the story of my ear piercing...so history does repeat itself!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Yep, two in each year. I bought myself a pair of gorgeous diamond stud earrings when I turned 70. I thought I deserved it. I remember seeing Shirley McClaine in a movie and she had three diamond studs all staggered sizes in each ear and that's what I wanted, but never got the third hole. So I wear two staggered sizes of diamond studs, but sometimes I wear small gold hoop earrings with teeny tiny diamonds that my husband bought me for Christmas years ago and I love those.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    Mine are pierced....twice in each ear. I'm a rebel.....
    Me too, my second pierced hole was my gift to myself for my 40th birthday.....this Friday, those holes will be there 18 yrs.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Two holes here, the top holes have the small diamond studs my son wore. He wore one in his left ear only, after he passed in 2001 I have been wearing them all the time.
    Can only wear the piercing studs because of allergies. If I wear regular ones the holes get messed up from one day wearing them.
    My niece pierced mine when SHE was a teenager. Ice cube and needle at her house.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    Another perfectly good reason for not getting your ears pierced. I, too, am Lutheran. So besides my grandma's pulled lobes and my religion, not to mention my fear of pain, I won't get them pierced. And another thing, I was a thumb sucker when I was little and some people have their blankies, I had my left ear. Sucked my right thumb and pulled my left ear. So now one ear lobe is longer than the other.......I still have virgin ears, but I keep my hair covered over my ears. This sounds so ridiculous, doesn't it? It's true. And I will continue to be a Lutheran - Missouri Synod, yet!!!! Edie
    Missouri Synod here too, but did not stop me from double pierced ears! LOL LCMS also used to ban dancing and cards, both of which we now do in the facility...

I have three in each year...not sure what that says about me, lol. I wear gold hoops in graduated sizes, sometimes swapping out the first set for special occasions. I sleep with them all and never give them a thought.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast