Do You Sleep With Men?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 AM

Just had to check this one! Alas, I lack a human sleeping partner, but I have a 70 pound male dog who has taken to sleeping with me! The 15 pound female has always slept with me, often under the covers. She is a short haired rat terrier, and likes the extra warmth. The male is a long haired husky who does not appreciate the extra heat, but loves the company! Occassionally the female will snore! But it doesn't last long, and I can go back to sleep easily.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 AM

I'm with ritamaew...i love my CPAP. My husband had a sleep study, because he snored SO loud...Found out that he stopped breathing hundreds of times a night. His CPAP stopped that, but then it was my turn! My Dr. put me on my CPAP a year ago, and I actually feel human again...the best part is that I don't fall asleep every time I sit down like i used to!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM

I'm blessed with a husband who doesn't snore -- at least not yet.

Many people seem to have the sleep apnea problem. I know several in "real" life and many of you on the board have mentioned it. Do you think this is getting worse or did our grandparents just suffer because we didn't know about it?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I'm blessed with a husband who doesn't snore -- at least not yet.

Many people seem to have the sleep apnea problem. I know several in "real" life and many of you on the board have mentioned it. Do you think this is getting worse or did our grandparents just suffer because we didn't know about it?
I think our parents and grandparents just suffered....I know my dad snored and my mom didn't do too bad in that department either :lol: :lol:
Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 AM

Great laugh for this morning. I am fighting with my boyfriend over this very issue. I had to put my foot down recently and tell him no sleepovers on work nights. He snores, takes over more than half the bed, and I just don't sleep well when he is there.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

mine sleeps in the recliner in the living room. just as well, lately i've taken to leaving the window open about 2 inches. even on nights when it's below zero! no, i'm not having hot flashes. just get hot!
after i hurt my back, I slept in my recliner awhile too!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 AM

Mine sleeps downstairs with his breathing machine...but still snores a little...I can't sleep with the noise of the machine and with the noises he makes....So, Tink and I have the queen size bed.....
Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 AM

My guest room is also my quilting room...with me being a night owl sewing....I started sleeping some in the guest bed because I didnt want to wake him up. So one day he and I had a discussion about me sleeping in the other room and he and I both decided that we sleep better alone....so now I sleep only in the guest bed...guess he was just as tired of me waking him up because of snooring as I was being woke up by it....WE are now very happy sleepers...I do believe this is something you both have to agree on
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 AM

Hubby and I "hot rack" it most of the time...lol! If your husband is or has been in the Navy....ask them about "hot racking it"....LOL!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 AM
k3n
Power Poster

My DH hardly snores and I'm a fairly heavy sleeper anyway so it doesn't bother me. He works away a few nights every week and I hardly sleep at all when he's not there! My father snores enormously - has done for years, and he and Mum sleep in separate rooms. If they go to a hotel or visiting and have to share a room, she uses ear plugs. He falls asleep in the chair sometimes too and it used to get so bad we couldn't hear the TV so one of us (usually me!) Would suddenly go 'AH HEM!!!' really loudly, then go on innocently staring at the screen. He'd rouse, do thet 'eh? what was that?' thing but in seconds he'd be snoring again! My mother can go 'COLIN! You're snoring! And he'll become lucid enough to say 'I'm not!' and within seconds, off again! I have been concerned that this could be a health danger for him but he refuses point blank to do anything about it - says it doesn't disturb or bother HIM so tough you know what to everyone else! :shock: :hunf: