Do You Sleep With Men?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 PM

My DH snores, but he says I'm louder. Who knows...I'm busy sleeping!!

If he has apnea, I'll have to be sure the life insurance is paid up. Didn't realize it would hurt him!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM

I have had the best laugh at this. Still laughing yes my husband snores and took him to the sleep center and the red headed nurse told me the next morning at 5am (I left at 11 the night before ) that he did not snore. I told her to take him home with her and put him in her bed and tell me the next morning he did not snore and then I would believe. He never went to sleep is why he did not snore. He snores awful but we sleep together when he is in town gone months at time. I think maybe we should try another sleep test?????????????did not know he could die..
Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Hubby and I "hot rack" it most of the time...lol! If your husband is or has been in the Navy....ask them about "hot racking it"....LOL!
my dh and I "hot bunk" too! He works nights-12 hr shifts- and I like to be up early mornings, or rather, my body does...

I have insomnia, sleep either for hours or not at all...so one of us is usually sleeping in the recliner, or up, and the other sleeping in the bed,or gone!

We decided a long time ago that sleep was more important than childish feelings.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:33 PM

ROFLMAO - of course I'm still up at 1:30. What does that tell you?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
its the darned cat that has dimentia, is deaf and screams all night long because he is lost
I have a Maltese X that does that, he sleeps on the floor and wakes me every half hour or so.......

the husband snores, but I prefer that to the dog
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 AM

We are in the same bed but we each have our own covers as he jerks in his sleep due to seizures and I can't handle him moving so much. With my own blankets it doesn't bother me as much. I refuse to sleep in sep beds.

Well... my husband doesn't steal the covers because of seizures but if I'm wrapped up snugly, he can practically take my head off when he jerks the covers his way. After 35+ years, I finally hit on seperate covers but on the same bed. It does make the bed look funny and making it takes a bit of time but I no longer end up with no covers and no whiplash!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 AM

No, I don't sleep with a man at the moment. I miss it dearly though and I'm such a sound sleeper that once I'm asleep snoring probably wouldn't bother me.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ritamaew
Please have your husband checked by a doctor for sleep apnea. The loud snoring and kicking are symptoms. He made need a CPAP machine. Lack of deep sleep can lead to serious health problems like stroke and heart attack.

I am a CPAP user and feel so much better than I used to.

Rita
yup, second this. My DH does both and he has a bi-pap machine (s).
Before we knew, yes, there were those "bumps in the night!"...hey, we gotta sleep too!
LOL, when I got a cold and slept in the other room to protect DH, we both discovered that we sleep much better alone!
Twin bed in here, pc room, is a beauty rest.
The mattress in our room is not as nice. Queen size but not as comfy for sure! :?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
My DH snores, but he says I'm louder. Who knows...I'm busy sleeping!!

If he has apnea, I'll have to be sure the life insurance is paid up. Didn't realize it would hurt him!
Reading from last reply, mine...backwards, so if this has been said, just overlook:
Sleep apnea can cause a lot of health problems. One of the most important is an enlarged heart from struggling to pump blood with less oxygen.
People can be so affected by sleep apnea that their whole personality changes.
Think about it: lack of oxygen going to all parts of the body, every cell, every organ...working under stress and struggling to get their job done.
Anyone that thinks they may have it or have a family member that might. Go get checked out.
C-pap and bi-pap machines, etc. can change the whole family's life.
oh, and lack of oxygen, makes for one craaaanky partner, too!!!! think about it. what if you were woke up a bit, over and over and over all night long? :thumbdown:
Old 03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by susie0808
Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Pillow for the back? snoring is worse if they sleep on their back.. sides the air gets in better for some reason. I think the old delivery works pretty good a gentle tap with a sharp cold knee.. works wonders at getting someone to turn over. Chill your hand first then apply it to a belly should get that puppy on his side in no time at all.
Husband sleeps on stomach with pillow tucked under neath him. I elbow and poke and sometimes have shaken the bed. They aren't as successful as pulling the pillow out from under him...(lol) not all the way but just enough and it works! There are times I get the pillow in my back and you know what... that pillow finds another home for the nite! ON THE CHAIR IN THE CORNER! In the morning he asks how did that get there, I say YOU DIDN'T WANT IT ANYMORE! he chuckles with a huhhhuhh!
...he chuckles with a huhhhuhh!...LOL!!!!
You reminded me of a girl I used to work with.
It was in a hospital and she was an EMT.
She laughed loudly and sounded - no joke - just like a horse!
It was so bad that one of the doctors got so irritated, he told one of the other EMT's that she should be more "professional".:shock:
Well, a couple years went by and I went to a meeting/dinner, with my DH one time. Room was full...ppl at every table.
Heard a loud, horsie laugh, looked around and sure enough!!!
You hear it once, you'll never forget it!
Poor girl, guess she just couldn't help horseself :!: :lol: