Do you stay logged in?

Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM

littlehud, sharon, yourstruly, and jingleberry: are we all really here?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 PM

I log out everytime after use because I have Verizon little fob service and we only get a certain amount of time for the basic price which is already high. My daughter watched some movies one month and she won't do that again. Live in the country and it is the only service I can get.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by no1jan
At times I stay logged in while I do other things around the house. But if I leave I log out.

However, my husband read an article last year the Time Warner was monitoring how long people are on the internet and is thinking about adopting a plan for people who use the internet more. Supposedly they were doing a test run somewhere in Texas.

If that ever happens here I will definitely log out. I find their prices are too high already for what you get. We have all-in-one and almost every day the Cable, Roadrunner, or the phone is down. Almost every morning (I am an early riser) between 3 and 5 there is no on-demand channels or the pay channels that we subscribe to. Last year I logged how many times I called TW because we were having so many problems, it was 68. The there local headquarters is 2 blocks away. We also went through 4 cable boxes as they would just quitl.
A friend of mine ran into problems with her ISP because they were downloading movies, watching TV, playing a lot of online games, had 3 computers in the home connected with a wireless network account and they were determined to be excessive band users. Being on using this board shouldn't be a problem with any ISP however if you watch hours and hours of tutorials or download hours and hours, watch TV, download movies the time could come when you'll have to be pay more or be warned that you can't do certain things for a few days. My husband and I don't do all of that stuff so hopefully we won't run into such issues. He does watch a golf tutorial every few days and I'll watch a quilting one but otherwise my useage is email, researching on the web and that doesn't use up a ton of band width. Some ISP's are now providing levels of service with different fees. We're on the lowest lever for our ISP price wise but we're not considered heavy users.

I never log out of this board but don't keep it up all the time. I just pop in and out as time allows. I do periodically keep my laptop on 24 hours and it's never been a problem and I like that my security scans are out of the way when I get up and the computer is ready to go.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. Just enjoy your computer.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

i stay logged in here but in hgtv forum i have to log in again. used to stay in there too
Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Administrator

If you click the logout link, then you'll have to log in the next time you visit the board.

If you simply close the browser window, then you'll be automatically logged in on your next visit.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 AM

i havent logged off since i joined...
most of our computers stay on at all times... the board stays up on my laptop, so whenever i have a chance i can find inspiration.

but DH works with computers for army, and I have a houseful of puter geeks lol, so they get their daily reboot and maintenance regularly, and ive never had any problems keeping them on, connected, and running.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
If you click the logout link, then you'll have to log in the next time you visit the board.

If you simply close the browser window, then you'll be automatically logged in on your next visit.
Admin: If there is a quiltingboard advisory 'preference' please put it in your information on "Forum Rules -- How To Use The Forum -- please read" and give us an update on it in the Main. (I think more active users would see it there.)
Old 04-22-2010, 03:53 PM

I stay logged in but I turn off my computer each night ...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Banned

If I remember I log off. but that's not very often. God bless. Penny