Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone live in Wyoming?

Im going to throw in my pennies worth even though I am neither from Wyoming or even American! My partner and I travelled through Wyoming in late August last year and I absolutely loved the state but my one thought is in regards to the wind. I live on the west coast of Scotland which can see its own fair share of the wind in the winter and sometimes summer too but the wind in Wyoming is relentless and although I found the summer wind to be warm, even hot at times I could imagine in winter that it would be brutal. So if you dont like the wind, avoid!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
    ...I would suggest you visit here or try renting a place for a year and trying it ...
    Excellent advice for anyone considering a move to any location that is very different from their current one. Weather and our ability/tolerance to cope with it - greatly depends on you. What one person loves, another one will hate, so try it out BEFORE making decisions that would be costly and frustrating to change.

Personally, there are many places I would love to live for a few months or maybe a year, because I like the idea of trying a new place BUT I know I would never consider moving to any of these locations, I just want the experience.

OK, 2 cesnts here. I would visit at least a week during each season to see if it is something you might want to rent a place for a year. A year is a long commitment if you hate it.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    This is really a very funny question So far the count as I see it is eight.
    peace
    That is funny -- My first thought was to respond that no, no one lives in Wyoming.

Thanks for all the input. After searching the web for info and all I received on here, we've taken WY off the table. We deal with summers we hate, but those don't involve snow or wind. And getting into retirement age moving to a climate with snow and ice doesn't seem like a practical thing to do.
    We're thinking it might be easier to relocate to the mountains right here. Only problem is we'd probably like to buy land or a small place now(cabin on the side of a mountain with a view) but at some point would have to downsize and sell this place. It is a unique house sitting out in the country on 10 acres of land on a gravel drive. So might not be able to sell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2