E-Readers

Old 05-01-2011, 05:59 AM

I use to have a Kendle,loved it but left it at the auto shop and never got it back. Someone just took it and did not return it. Don't know what good it will do them as it is registered to me and I immdatley closed the amazon account
Old 05-01-2011, 06:13 AM

Go with a kindle! :)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 AM

I have the Kindle and I just love it. I have the one where you can download books from anywhere and you do not have to be connected to a computer, worth the extra money. I'm sure whatever one you choose, you'll love it. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 AM

I am an avid reader, and am never ( I do mean never) without at least 1 book. I was surprised and thrilled when I got a kindle for Christmas. I now have about a hundred books downloaded, and as I finish reading, it goes to an archive, so I can read it again later, if I choose. It is a lot lighter and easier to carry than lugging around a hundred books :) I love it so much, now I am never without my kindle. I like the fact that I can read outside without the sun glare. I could go on and on, but basically, just do some research to find out which e-reader is right for you. (The kindle comes in both a 6-inch and 9-inch screen). Whichever one you choose, you will enjoy it a lot.
nanac
Old 05-01-2011, 06:38 AM

My kids got me a kindle and I love it. The only thing I dont like is that I cant download books from the library because I guess that amazon wont allow it. Kinda wishing I had asked for a book nook because I could have downloaded all the library books I wanted online. Its just like checking out books with your card.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:49 AM

I love my kindle - My DIL has the Nook and really likes it - I would spend some time looking at what is out there - The Kindle just dropped its price again to $114 - I really like the non-glare screen and ease of use. It really depends what Bells and Whistles you want.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 AM

i use my phone. i have an omnia 2 and it is so handy to keep my books on it also. and i can do internet and email. my son has the droid x and really likes it. it has a bigger screen than mine does. i will be upgrading to the thunderbolt soon. i use calibre to format all my books. you can usse it to change formats to whatever you need. many free ebooks are available. gutenburg is a great one for the classics.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 AM

I have a Kindle and love it. Customer support is fantastic if you have a problem.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:40 AM

I have an iPad with the kindle reader and I love it. I hardly sit at the computer anymore because I can do most everything from my iPad. I don't have a data plan. Our house has wireless internet.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by jburress
I have a Kindle and love it. Customer support is fantastic if you have a problem.
I am glad to hear good things about Kindle and customer service support. When I son first started working for Amazon he was the go-to guy for all questions Kindle related. Even with a techie son I am still tech challenged. Borrowing e-books from the library is coming. My SIL bought the Nook because of the color but honestly, do your library books (at least for adults) need to be in color? The only positive I see to Nook color is if you wanted to download quilt magazines or books and then you'd want to see patterns in color. But my old eyes need to have bigger pictures so I wouldn't want to have my quilt books on an e-reader no matter what kind. I do like the non-glare screen of a Kindle since you can read anywhere. And can I mention that I pop mine in a quart zip bag and take it into the bathtub with me? No worries about ruining the paper book. Can't say enough good things about them.