E-Readers

Old 05-01-2011, 12:16 PM

I got a Nook for Christmas. I'ts ok. I would not have spent the money on it. I like the feel of the books, to be able to hold it and turn the pages. I honestly had no desire to have one, but dh was so excited that I couldn't take it back to go get fabric instead..I have no compalaints, just its ok.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM

If you go with the Kindle, e-mail me and I'll send you the address to get free books every day. I haven't bought a book in forever. I have so many free books to read, I can't keep up with them!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 PM

I have a Pandigital. LOVE IT! It comes with wi-fi. I can download from the library, plus all the free ebooks from Barnes and Noble. It also has a calendar and several alarms. I usually pack 5 books if going away for a week, now I just take this. My husband has the Nook (not the color). He got it before I got my ereader, and wishes he had the Pandigital. It was a lot cheaper.

The only bad thing about the Pandigital is the lack of cases for it. So after searching the internet, I made one. Here is where I found the directions.

http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/09/03...le-cover-case/
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191660.jpe   attachment-191661.jpe   attachment-191662.jpe  
Old 05-01-2011, 01:27 PM

I have the pocket (5"x7") e-reader from sony. (Pink of course!) and I just love it. It is the perfect size to carry in the smaller purses I have to use now. If I use a large purse, I fill a large purse. I bought the hard cover to go over it, and will be making it a quilted cover as soon as I figure out what to use for batting. I don't want the fibers creating problems. Mine has to be charged with the computer, but I don't mind. I just charge it while I read my email. It holds many hours of reading on a single charge and has an automatic sleep feature, to save energy. I think it holds somewhere around 1,200 books? I can also delete books as I finish them, so I will never run out of memory. All this for less than $100.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 PM

I have the smaller less expensive Kindle and I love it! I can download books from either the Kindle or Amazon and then take it with me where ever I go. The books are so much cheaper and many are free. It has been rated no. 1 by Consumer Reports. I can read on it for hours and don't have any eye stress. It doesn't have color, but I don't feel I need it. It does have voice if the ebook offers it. You will be glad you have it.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:55 PM

i got Nook...not in color, but okay for me.

I love it and always have at least 2 books preloaded.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:00 PM

The kindle doesn't seem to work with most or all public library software programs. It may be that the Kindle software is too proprietary. Nook and Nookcolor are getting high marks from textbook and magazine companies. Try several and get a pamphlet or go on line to compare features and prices. Also look for reviews on customer service. A plus with the Nooks is having a store and people to help you. If not super techie this is a consideration.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker52
I have a Pandigital. LOVE IT! It comes with wi-fi. I can download from the library, plus all the free ebooks from Barnes and Noble. It also has a calendar and several alarms. I usually pack 5 books if going away for a week, now I just take this. My husband has the Nook (not the color). He got it before I got my ereader, and wishes he had the Pandigital. It was a lot cheaper.

The only bad thing about the Pandigital is the lack of cases for it. So after searching the internet, I made one. Here is where I found the directions.

http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/09/03...le-cover-case/
Thanks for posting the sight I am making a cover for mine tonight
Old 05-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pippi65
Do any of you have one of these? What brand and what do you like and not like? I want one as I read a lot. At the library they offer downloads that you can get for free. But I'm far from a "techie". Please let me know your thoughts. TIA Pippi65
I bought a Soney Reader about a year ago but am not happy with it. I think I will buy a Nook. I'm interested in what everyone else says
Old 05-01-2011, 04:42 PM

I have the Nook Color and I just love it. My favorite feature is that it is backlit which allows me to read in bed without a light on and it doesn't disturb DH.