Easter dinner

Old 04-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by karielt
Originally Posted by Minnie
Originally Posted by karielt
Ok I'm incharge of fixing Easter dinner this year... need help. Can't think....
I'm making a bone in ham, Au gratin potatoes, and rolls now what else do I put with it.
I usually do stuffed eggs and a fruit salad of some sort and a veggie....Have fun...
Fruit salad thats a good Idea... as far as veggies do I just do a green salad or green beans.
I am doing green bean cassorole or asparaguse.....(ooppppsss spelling...lol) Sometimes I do macaroni salad, but I dont think so this time. Probably choc pie for desert or pumpkin....My Dads favorites...
Old 04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

OMG I am getting so hungry reading this. I have to work twelve hours so I hope they have ham in the cafe at the hospital.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM

A delicious and special way to make asparagus or green beans. After partially cooking (till tender/crisp) wrap small bundles of asparagus or green beans with a piece of bacon and tie the bacon on top. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake till bacon is done and veggies are tender. Yummy! Also, I make a jello pretzel salad with a crushed pretzel crust (with sugar, cinnamon, butter), a cream cheese/whip cream layer, topped with strawberry jello mixed with frozen sweetened strawberries. You can make this with any flavor jello and any fruit. I also like to make a salad with mixed greens, cranberries, pecans and raspberry vinaigrette. Deviled eggs are always a hit! And for desert??? A bunny cake! Make two round layers, use one layer as the head, cut the other layer into 3 sections - a center section that is shaped like a bow tie (narrow in the center, curving wider at both edges) which leaves two ear-shaped pieces on either side. Place the bow tie section under the first round layer, the "ears" on top. Frost with white frosting, cover with coconut, decorate the face with black licorice for the whiskers and mouth, green gum drops for the eyes, a black one for the nose and pastel M & Ms for a polka dot tie! It's sooooo cute!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 PM

A delicious and special way to make asparagus or green beans. After partially cooking (till tender/crisp) wrap small bundles of asparagus or green beans with a piece of bacon and tie the bacon on top. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake till bacon is done and veggies are tender. Yummy! Also, I make a jello pretzel salad with a crushed pretzel crust (with sugar, cinnamon, butter), a cream cheese/whip cream layer, topped with strawberry jello mixed with frozen sweetened strawberries. You can make this with any flavor jello and any fruit. I also like to make a salad with mixed greens, cranberries, pecans and raspberry vinaigrette. Deviled eggs are always a hit! And for desert??? A bunny cake! Make two round layers, use one layer as the head, cut the other layer into 3 sections - a center section that is shaped like a bow tie (narrow in the center, curving wider at both edges) which leaves two ear-shaped pieces on either side. Place the bow tie section under the first round layer, the "ears" on top. Frost with white frosting, cover with coconut, decorate the face with black licorice for the whiskers and mouth, green gum drops for the eyes, a black one for the nose and pastel M & Ms for a polka dot tie! It's sooooo cute!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 PM

We are Greek, so it is Lamb, Spanikopita, rice and yougart. So I guess I am no help at all. sorry.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 PM

I always do baked ham, baked beans, coleslaw, fruit salad, pickled beats, scalloped potatos, deviled eggs and homemade cressants or dinner rolls. Don't forget the baby dills. Everyone here loves Gedney's. This year we are having pineapple upsidedown cake for desert. I always make homemade strudel or kolaches for Easter morning after church. Sometimes I make cinnamon rolls, too.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Baked ham with pineapple sauce, whipped sweet potatoes, mashed white potatoes with cheddar cheese,coleslaw, cornbread, scalloped corn bake, fresh fruit cup, wine, beer (no grass - for those of you who read the CHOOSE ONE game thread) coffee, apple pie with french vanilla ice cream, candied pecan bites. Burp - excuse me.
nice bowl of grass with colored eggs and candles as center piece lol

Margie
Old 04-01-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
I make the jello pretzel also. It is wonderful. I was thinking about making it with chocolate pudding instead of jello. I think it would be very yummy....What do you think?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:28 PM

green bean casarole is a Christmas thing, so we are having silverstar ham with scallope potatoes, rosa marina salad.cole slaw,asparagus, beets,deviled eggs,jello eggs and corn . key lime pie and angel food cake with strawberries. all that for 5 people Happy Easter
Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM

I'm making ham, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots with honey, broccoli, jello, and hawaian salad( this was a request from the boys). Dessert will be homemade cheesecake, and bunny cake.