epidural question

Old 01-17-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
well i learned something here. good. it's always good to learn. thanks ladies.
Agreed!! Thanks I knew there would be varied opinions. Nope this is HER decision, just trying to stay in tuned with the times. I suggested she take a Lamaze class just to learn how to manage/distract the pain while at home waiting for the hospital trip then go for what seems right for her. My first was induced whoa what an experience. Wish I has thought about Mai Tais. :lol:

piney
Old 01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Kas

I had such fast labors with the first two that they said it was too late! Not so bad with the first, but the second was face up. I thought I was going to be ripped in two. And drugs would have been great for that one. So with #3 I told them to give it to me as soon as possible! I wasn't going through that again. It was heaven! But #4 was a planned c-section because he turned sideways the week before he was due. Since my placenta was in front, Doc was scared to try to turn him. We didn't want an emergency section. It wouldn't have worked anyway since Ben had three full wraps of the cord around his neck. It could have been tragic. So, if she wants one, I hope they give it to her in time. Things don't always go as we have planned.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM

I had my first two children natural and my last two with an epidural. I enjoyed the last two births much better than the first two and saw no differences in babies health. I certainly was in much better shape to take care of my baby and myself after not being subject to so much pain. I didn't experience any up side to the natural process.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 PM

i had one with both my boys. the first one they wouldn't give me until 7 cm dilated. that was almost too late cause i couldn't hardly hold still. such a rude bunch at that hospital. my second had to be induced. doc asked me how many pains i wanted to feel and i asked him how many i HAD to feel. so i didn't feel any. different hospital for him. such a difference. i don't want to imagine doing without an epidural. i'm just not as tough as those old time ladies.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 PM

good for pain but the needle pulled out easily and by accident on both my DD's and we didn't know it till the pain got too bad. Had to be reinserted.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 PM

My first was with an epidural and labor was induce. When they said, "Push" I was so numb it was like, "Push what?" They finally took the baby with forcepts. The rest of my babes were delivered without drugs. Much better experiences.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM

I had one no problems.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM

I chose not to get the epidural because I was a high risk pregnancy with a high risk baby. It will slow the labor process, but I guess if it doesn't hurt you won't mind the time. Fortunatley I only had about 8 hour labor. I guess I am the sort of person who wants to get things over with quickly so I didn't want to do anything to delay the delivery. And it was nice to be able to walk to the bathroom right after delivery, but I guess it was pretty unusual way to go because when I was being wheeled back to the room I heard the nurses at the desk saying "she's in a chair." I later asked the nurse why they were commenting and was I supposed to be walking back... she said most women come back on a gurney because of the epidural.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM

Each person, each delivery is different. I don't think there is one right method.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 PM

Every pregnancy is different. Each person is different. Please support your daughter in whatever decision she makes.