Extra income?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM

I'm the breakfast lady on weekends at a major hotel working 6 hours a day. Love doing it as it gets me out of the house and I get to talk to someone besides my husband.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM

I clean a couple peoples homes -paint-upholstering any type of home remodeling and today I was the ground crew on a tree removal job of my brothers-- bro dropped the trees I cut them to fit a wood stove and the owner will split them Now I want my own chain saw :lol: and I will be a roofer's helper next week but now all I want to do is soak in a hot tub Calgon take me awaaay
Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Here are a few ideas I've been successful with:

Mystery Shopping and Auditing. Two years ago I made over $10,000 by mystery shopping and doing audits of a big electronic store chain. You can learn more at www.volition.com Besides earning cash, my husband and I had some wonderful dinners out and I also did some jewelry mystery shops and got lots of pricey earrings and charms which I gave as Christmas gifts. You do get better offers if you get certified. Silver certification is $15. Gold is about $99, but you really don't need that for a long time.
I second the mystery shopping idea. You have to keep good records, because you're considered an independent contractor, not an employee. But you can sign up for some "shops" (as they call the jobs) right away, with no certification. And you can fit it right into your own shopping. We all buy groceries and gas and many of us shop the discount stores or the malls, and there are fast food restaurants almost everywhere. Some shops don't even require you to buy anything. You just go in and act as though you're considering starting a bank account, sending your child to their nursery school, looking to move into the apartment complex, whatever.

It's not a lot of money, but it definitely can add up.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:56 PM

I did incoming calls for West Corporation for awhile and did well with a few hundred more a month. Application and training are on line and when that is done and you pass, you download the mainframe software from them and are able to sign on to the projects. You choose your hours, they function on a 24 hr basis so that is helpful. I don't do this anymore but it was beneficial at the time. You can find them on the internet and apply.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by lbaillie
I've had some luck with selling quilt tops on ebay. but the listing prices are going up up and up. I was thinking about trying Etsy.com anybody try that and had any luck?
I have a friend that is using Etsy.com and she is selling home made soap there and doing pretty well I think.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 PM

I've had some luck with selling quilt tops on ebay. but the listing prices are going up up and up. I was thinking about trying Etsy.com anybody try that and had any luck?
I asked the question about Etsy here not long ago. Nobody seems to do very well there. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-113304-1.htm
Old 04-14-2011, 07:19 PM

I tried esty with baby blankets and jewelry and no luck
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM

I do some bookkeeping for a Doctor and do a few peoples taxes. then I am a vendor and sell my sewing items and jewelry. the shows keep raising their entry prices and sales are down because of enconomy. You set up a EZup tent if show is outside and put tables and grids up and products and bring your water and lunch and stay sometimes threedays. Hard work besides making all the products. I don't live in a big city so I have to travel to bigger shows and can't do that while I am taking care of Grandson. We just keep going on somehow. I also think if you are a reliable person you can get caregiver work. People are living longer and need help driving them places and cleaning and repairing and paying thier bills. Another good idea is to get the word out that you will help people organize their garage sales and run it for them and get a percentage. you will need a about 4 tables and be able to make signs for them. The thrift stores are doing good these days. these are my tips and I always make a little extra on the side.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM

My friend is on disability. She lives with a family,friends. The state pays then over 1000.00 amonth to take her to doctor appointments, cook, and do her laundry. She pays them rent and can do anything she wants but the state still pays them because of the meds she sometimes forgets to take.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 PM

I teach CPR classes.