Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Family of or Police/Military personnel...when you're in public >

Family of or Police/Military personnel...when you're in public

Family of or Police/Military personnel...when you're in public

Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I think it's an infringement on someone's privacy to interrupt dinner just because they are wearing a uniform and would not find it appropriate. I find those kinds of displays generally awkward.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 PM

ilovequilts - You are welcome and prayers your brother always comes home safely. I am ridiculously proud of my kids!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Always a quick thank you and then move on.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:50 PM

Always a quick thank you, maybe a hand shake and move on.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I think it's an infringement on someone's privacy to interrupt dinner just because they are wearing a uniform and would not find it appropriate. I find those kinds of displays generally awkward.
That's when the hand on the heart and a nod will say it all.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
I have not yet met a person who did not appreciate a thank you for whatever it was. Military personnel. crime fighting, and medical emergency personnel have always said "nothing is great than a thank you. So it is my opinion that even during their meal, or shopping or whatever their smile for the thank you is worth a million (so was your thank you to them) Including the hand on heart thank you. I, myself, worked in medical so I speak of the experience of a thank you.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 AM

I have never yet met a person who did not mind being interruped from what they were doing to hear the words "thank you". The personnel I speak of are the military, civil personnel, medical personnel mostly only experience the dark and darker side of human life (and there is no thank you there). I worked in the medical field and speak of my feelings and experience on thank you. Please say your "million dollar thank you" and receive their million dollar smile in return. I you do you have made someones day meaningful. Thank you to each of you for "paying it forward" in this way.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt
I have never yet met a person who did not mind being interruped from what they were doing to hear the words "thank you". The personnel I speak of are the military, civil personnel, medical personnel mostly only experience the dark and darker side of human life (and there is no thank you there). I worked in the medical field and speak of my feelings and experience on thank you. Please say your "million dollar thank you" and receive their million dollar smile in return. I you do you have made someones day meaningful. Thank you to each of you for "paying it forward" in this way.
Opps, sorry for the two times opinion of mine. I thought I lose the first one.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Dee

Bless all our Military women and men. I always say thank you for giving so much of yourself for your country and people at home.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 AM

On our daughters Boot Camp graduation day our daughter wanted to go to the Olive Garden. She brought her rack mate because the girl's parents couldn't be at her graduation. (So there was 4 of us.) When we were done with our meal the waiter told us that a gentleman took care of it and just wanted to thank the ladies for their willingness to serve. I said, "Oh how sweet" and the girls wanted to know who it was so they could thank him but the waiter said he wanted to remain anonymous. I then asked for my husband's and my bill and he said "you don't understand, the gentleman paid the "entire" bill. WOW All of us were so touched and the girls talked about it for days. It means a lot to my daughter to be acknowledged for her service regardless of whether she is having a meal with friends or on her own. Sometimes, it helps her face another day.

I appreciate all of you that acknowledge the sacrifices of our military personnel and their families.