Favorite Breed

Old 09-30-2011, 03:40 AM

When I finished Massage Therapy School and graduated as Suma Cum Laud (I think that is the spelling!!) I decided it was time to fulfill a childhood dream and get a Rough Collie....like Lassie. We found Buddy, just 8 wks old, at a Collie Puppy Mill...I would have paid any price for him as he was extremely shy and stuck in a cage that about the size of a small animal carrier. The "farmer" that ran the mill was closing down and offered us any of the other dogs on property (there were at least 30 adult collies) for free...we took a tri-color female that was living under his house. Kasey and Buddy were/are the best dogs I have ever owned and will never consider another breed. Most people say "OMG...all that hair!" But I don't mind too much...their personalities and loyalty far outweighs the hair. We lost our beloved Kasey to kidney failure about a year ago, and haven't recovered yet...we miss her tremendously. I have check into some of the collie rescues around and considered becoming a foster parent...we just love this breed...sweetest dogs God ever made...IMHO!!

I have loved reading all these stories about other's love for their special companions...regardless of breed. Y'all make me smile!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:42 AM

Golden Retrievers and English Mastiffs. Love em both.....my grand dog is a rescued Harlequin Great Dane male named Dexter.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 AM
Power Poster

I think what ever I have at the time, too, lol! Right now we have a yellow lab and a sweet bulldog. Have had Mutts, Jack Russel Terrors, lol,golden retriever, and they were all great, with their own personalities for sure. The mutt was a Hurricane Katrina rescue, who we no nothing about except her color said Sugar. She was so smart and I LOVED her So much....but she was old when I got her and died two years later. Wish I could have had the DNA testing on her cuz we never could figure what she was. The body of a bulldog or lg. pug, with a long snout....lol. Very cute though........
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by quilter41
I wouldn't have anything except a Lhasa Apso. I have had 4 and they are so smart. Chloe in the picture to the left learned to sit up in 15 minutes. Now she does it when ever she wants something.
Andy is a Lhasa Mix. And yes he is also smart. He sits fine and learned to circle in about 10 minutes. I tried to get him to do it one night and he didn't,, the next night however he did it the first time I said circle. LOL I think he just had to think about whether he wanted to do it or not. He now circles to 1-2-3- or just holding up fingers. However when he wants a treat he will do everything, circle , sit, jump, before he is told. I can just hear him thinking something like OK I did it already now give me the darn treat!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:58 AM

I have 3 dogs, 2 boxers the older one, Harley is 10 and our first boxer, the other one is Cooper, he is 3, and finally Shamus the bulldog, he is 2 and the most spoiled. I hate to say, he is my favorite
Old 09-30-2011, 04:04 AM

Have always loved the Golden Retrievers we have had - but got tired of all the hair everywhere. My husband now has a Labradoodle and I have a Mini Goldendoodle. They have the temprament of the Golden - but they don't shed! My college age daughter has a Golden and when she brings him home for the weekend it seems like I sweep up dog hair for a whole week after he leaves. It just keeps appearing from somewhere.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 AM

Mine is my little Avatar, Micky, my Taco Terrier, (long hair chihuahua/fox terrier mix). He's lying on my lap and watching me type, what else could I say!!! LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 04:28 AM

I love them all!
Michelle
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 AM

Yellow labs - 2 have gone to the Rainbow Bridge at ages 12 and 13 and we now have a one year old who is very energetic.

Currently smitten by a new breed to us: the corgi. Can't imagine living without this wonderful breed. Truly a big dog in a small dog's body. Bar-ooo-ooo-ooo!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Michellesews
I love them all!
Michelle
Ditto for me. I've had pure bred, mutt's, strays and shelter pets and I love them all. Unfortunately, I can only handle one at a time.