Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 PM

Taboo Tuesday This week no nuts.... except for almonds if you use them for health reasons.

I got a Asian Brown Pear...really good!!!! Very expensive 1.57.

Have a good week!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM

Pam, you finally got me on this one. I do use almonds for health reasons, but I also use a lot of walnuts. I was just fixing to make some muffins - a muffin without walnuts or pecans?? That's a sacrilege. It will be a long time until next Tuesday.

MJ, where are you? Stop in to say hello, please.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
That was my 3rd Spicy Spiral. A young looking one in gold/orange and turquoise for my GD for Christmas, a burgundy and cream one for my 2nd DD for her b-day and this similar one for the auction. I haven't heard how it sold for. I love how easy they go together as long as you pay attention. No blocks to square, either.

Cindy, the FQ is in the mail. I know you were admiring this month's selections. Enough to be the winner??? Good luck to you the same to anyone else who can offer some competition.
That is a good question. There are a few so far that I wouldn't mind getting, my beginning weight was 195, I am currently at 187, weighed when I went to work out today. Since I started this journey my highest weight was 233, I am so excited to get back down this far, I haven't been weight is over 20 yrs. It feels awesome.

it is truly a challenge to keep the weight off. I am doing this for me, to feel good about me and to be healthy. I do beleive as the hostess of this group and the one the FQ's get mailed to, I will post my beginning weight each month. I want to be above board with every one.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Well I'm down 4 lbs this month.Anytime the scale goes down we are winners!!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 AM
mim

I think I am either at a plateau -- not all that great -- OR -- now that it has stopped raining every day maybe it is muscle?? -- we are walking . Twice in the last few days we have walked around Capital lake -- about 2 miles -- not far for you who do more than that -- but for me a real challenge. As long as I stay on the grass -- very soggy and wet -- my joints don't complain too much but the sidewalks and gravel walks kill me.Anyhow I feel good and haven't put on any pounds

I am so happy for everyone sticking to getting to our goals

Mim
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM

Mary, your weight loss path is astounding. You may not have won the FQs last month, but you just keep losing.

Cindy, I think I will start posting my weight once a week. You wonderful people can be my WWs. The number just pops up and down. Maybe if I'm more accountable here, it will go down.

Pam, because I gave up my heart meds, I will continue to take my almonds this week, but what I can do besides using no other nuts, is stay to a serving which is 20 regular ones or 15 of these large ones I have now.

I'm watching the clock. I did my Sit and Be Fit TV exercises yesterday and wondered why I stopped. I know why - Christmas is so busy I just didn't have time. I did some ice skating without skates on the dog's second walk last night, but I stayed upright so all is well.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I'm my own valentine, too, Cindy. The wrong person wants to be my valentine and I haven't heard from the right one in a while. No red roses this year. The other one has candy for me - he knows me too well. I'd rather have the candy than cut flowers.

Have a healthy eating day with the right amountof exercise and water - you really can have too much of either.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM

Hello All!
I have been continuing to go to Rehab and have upped the exercise, but today had to have oxygen because of the high humidity and dampness. Just got too tired and winded.

I've been doing better now that I go to exercise 3 times a week. It does help my attitude and depression level, but today just hasn't been my day. I'm going to take a nap in a few minutes and try to wake up with an attitude adjustment.

I received all the wonderful Skinny Quarters, my neighbor has a camera and I am going to ask her to come over tonight so I can photograph them for you. They are a lovely combi of red, white and pinks. I have a really pretty yard of a realistic bouquet of pink roses that I'm thinking of combining for a seasonal wall hanging. This would all be a pretty mix. It's brewing in my head.

I started a BOM last month and I think I showed you the block. Well, I finally got it all fixed last night. I also made a baby quilt, basted it, and tonight hope to quilt it. Will take pix of it too.

My weight? I'm down a pound. Disappointing after last month's 12.5, but to be expected. Someone mentioned that muscle weighs more than fat. I'm hoping this is a conversion experience and why I'm slowing down.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM

Hi all, I weighed today- 1x/wk and was shocked. I'm down another 5# making my total since 1st Feb 10#. Eating better with focus on veggies and no butter has really made a big difference. I can feel it too so that's helping me stay focused. Irishrose I cooked my kale by stir fying with a little garlic, vinegar & pinch of salt. Very tasty but I am sure going to try making the kale chips. I like roasted veggies a lot. My veggie I picked for this week is rutabaga which I'm going to slice thin and roast. I sprinkle it with balsamic vinegar and eat like potato chips.
Well it's a lot quieter now that cable box is gone. I'm hooking up my dvd player to tv today and getting a DVD from library. I love that I can do library searches at night on internet and then reserve them. When library has them ready to pick up they email me and I go get them. Longest part of that journey is 1/2 block ride on my scooter. Can't walk that far anymore. That's the hardest part of me being disabled is that I used to walk 3+ miles to/from work daily then go walking in evening. I couldn't get enough of it, loved walking, biking. Now not able to do these activities. I'm hoping when I lose enough weight I'll be able to get a tricycle. Starting weight Oct 10, 2010 was 319.8#. Today 251# I'm so thankful for all the help cause I just can't do this on my own. Have you gotten my FQ yet - sent on 2/8.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jlwheart View Post
Hi all, I weighed today- 1x/wk and was shocked. I'm down another 5# making my total since 1st Feb 10#. Eating better with focus on veggies and no butter has really made a big difference. I can feel it too so that's helping me stay focused. Irishrose I cooked my kale by stir fying with a little garlic, vinegar & pinch of salt. Very tasty but I am sure going to try making the kale chips. I like roasted veggies a lot. My veggie I picked for this week is rutabaga which I'm going to slice thin and roast. I sprinkle it with balsamic vinegar and eat like potato chips.
Well it's a lot quieter now that cable box is gone. I'm hooking up my dvd player to tv today and getting a DVD from library. I love that I can do library searches at night on internet and then reserve them. When library has them ready to pick up they email me and I go get them. Longest part of that journey is 1/2 block ride on my scooter. Can't walk that far anymore. That's the hardest part of me being disabled is that I used to walk 3+ miles to/from work daily then go walking in evening. I couldn't get enough of it, loved walking, biking. Now not able to do these activities. I'm hoping when I lose enough weight I'll be able to get a tricycle. Starting weight Oct 10, 2010 was 319.8#. Today 251# I'm so thankful for all the help cause I just can't do this on my own. Have you gotten my FQ yet - sent on 2/8.
I know what you mean. I love walking. Especially on our 65 acres. My husband and I used to get up in the middle of the night even in the dead of winter and go for a walk. Now I have heel and ankle spurs and have trouble making it around the grocery store.That's why I use my stable cycle. I'm getting good at it. I can't ride a real bike.lol but I go 15 miles a hr on this one and go 3-4 miles twice a day. Come spring it's going on my porch for me to get fresh air. Have a good evening and thanks for the encouragement Irishrose. Where are the pj party pictures?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 PM

jwlheart, that's a great weight loss if you can't go walking. I decided to walk the dogs around the perimeter of our house when we returned from walking. Not a good idea. My neighbor has been snowblowing a path to his shed and the bank was in my yard. Lily and Moira went over. I didn't. I was stuck in a snowbank! Lily came back and pulled me out, thank goodness. The dogs found a lot of new smells. I saw rabbit and deer tracks close to the house. Both of those are hard on the stems of my shrubs like the burning bush and the forsythia. The forsythia needs trimmimg, but I prefer to be the one doing it. The coyote population must be down this year if the rabbits are returning. It's hard for me type that word correctly. My 2nd DD is Cynthia and when she was very young, she renamed forsythias "forCynthias" so that's what they are in our family.

Dinner was a small hamburger and salad at Culver's. For Valentines's Day, they were giving out sundaes. I opted for caramel because I've been eating raspberries here for several days. I did NOT order pecans on it. I'm going to work for this gold star.

I'm going out walking again. It's so pretty at night with the snow and lights. I will stay on plowed areas because, baby, it's dark out there.

Mary, my ankles are fused which makes things like getting out of snowbanks fun. They just don't bend like they used to. I didn't take a camera to the pj party. Just one more thing to carry and I wanted to pack light because I was wearing ballet shoes, not supportive ones. Besides it was so crowded, you'd only have seen the back of someone's head.