fibromyalgia

Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 AM

My husband suffers from fibromyalgia. For years doctors told him it was depression, imagined, etc. He now has a competent doctor and takes Lyrica with some success, and exercise helps too. DO NOT try all the scams. Check them out on Scambusters on-line or search all the Medical Scams. Worst one in Kansas City area was Nikkon. It used "magnetic water" (impossible) and had salespeople who never even passed elementary science! Also scams are aroma therapy, fake vitamins, facing north rubbing mud on yourself, Noni juice and many more snake oil fads. Do your research and find support groups. I have put your doughter on my seven state prayer list. Let us know her progress.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:20 AM

I also have Fibro. Last night was a miserable night for me. Could not get comfortable in any position. We are having a blizzard at the moment and I know that makes a difference. I can not take Lyrica. I got so dizzy I couldn't stand up.
I know exercise does help and even though it is really hard to make myself do it, it does help. My daughter also has Fibro and last night she sent me a message that she was just miserable.I am praying for all of us that has this dreaded disease. Hopefully in the future something will be found that really helps.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 AM

I'm also a long sufferer of fibro--was diagnosed in my late 20's and am now nearly 57 yo. Two of the best things for me have been an increase in vitamin D intake--as was stated earlier, many fibro patients are deficient. Since it is not a water-soluable vitamin, it might be smart to have a doc test your levels after you've taken the additional supplement for a time. I personally get about 400 mg from my multi-vitamin and take another 2000 mg dose fo the total of 2400 mg daily. I take no other drugs for the fibro...too many side effects for me. However, when I flare and am absolutely miserable I get myself to the doc's office--they give me a shot of 60 mg. of Toradol and it usually takes me from a 8 or 9 on a "10" pain scale to a level 2 within a matter of 90 minutes or so. It has to be given intramuscular as your tummmy cannot handle it--as it's a massive dose of Ibuprophen. Your kidneys also have to be good since that's how your body rids itself of it. I can get the injection as often as each week, but never have had to since I'm taken out of the flare altogether for a time.
Hope this information helps--I am a nurse so understand the pain a difficulty well with living with this problem.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 AM

If you have her take Vitamin D and have her levels checked most suffers of Fibromyalgia are extremely low. Also a mild exercise program such as swimming is beneficial. There is a med called Savella that I have had great success with in my patients.

Karla Reinhart - Nurse Practitioner
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Banned

She needs a very good herbal parasite cleanse. That's how I was cured from mine...and I have two other women I know who were cured with the same cleanse
And I also totally agree with the vitamin D issue.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

She has my deepest sympathy, I have polymyalgia and altho with many people it goes after two yrs or so and is only supposed to flare up occasionally,mine is semi constant and the pain/tiredness and mass depression dreadful; I cannot take cortisone v well as it gives me a whole night of insomnia and drip with sweat-----can wring hair out!!
do take painkillers and magnesium citrate which is supposed to be good for fibromyalgia, but wheat bags applied to the areas of pain---------I use 4 ,really helps get me mobile.
Do have COPD/Diabetes and LVF as well.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
I have it too. Very painful some days.Fatigue gets awful.STRESS is a bad thing!Even GOOD stress.I went to daughters for Natalies birthday party and just sat there for awhile. Next day I was exhausted and could barely move.I wish I had some advice,what works for one may not work for another.I do know LAUGHTER is good. This board is my medicine,and Ditter provides my daily dose of the giggles. God bless all of you afflicted with this nasty condition.I say,if you are a believer we all take a moment each day to pray for one another.Hugs to all(gentle ones !!)
I took my late morning nap on the couch earlier. I fell asleep in prayer praying for this womans daughter. Tonight I will remember each and everyone one of us. I can almost feel your condition just reading your post. I know all to well about fibro...my cousin went on disability with it, she was an RN. My niece has it, now on disability. My sister...disability. Me...I refuse to go on it. I reckon I'm stuborn but I keep hoping I have some good years left in me to where I can find some kind of employment. But not only my fibro and arthritus pain but my BP keeps me from doing much. I left work about 4 years ago because of my BP being so high. I went in the Dr's front office and out the back door in an ambulance 20 minutes later. SO, I finally found something that keeps my mind busy...you ladies & kind gentlemen on this board and the activities we share. Above all, I thank God.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
She needs a very good herbal parasite cleanse. That's how I was cured from mine...and I have two other women I know who were cured with the same cleanse
And I also totally agree with the vitamin D issue.
Ok you have our attention!! Please inform us on more of this please!! I've heard of them but have no idea about how, what or whatever else.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM

I was diagnosed with Fibro. also. My vit d was checked and was way below normal range. After taking 8000 iu of d3 for 3 mos. my vit d level barely made it into lowest normal range. There most be something about us that vit d is not generated by sunlight and absorbed in our bodies with a normal diet. I'm also lurking to find out about the herbal parasite cleanse.
Do not just start taking d3 without checking with dr. first.
Too much d3 can have side effects.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

It is made by Unicity. It is called either Clearstart or Paraway Pack. You take it for three months.