Funny and a little gross!

Old 12-22-2010, 05:56 PM

A week befor Christmaslast year my cat chewed on a bobbin and got thread wrapped around his tonge. I took him to the vet and $700.00 later he passed the thread. We didn't dare pull it for fear it had wrapped around an intestine. So for 4 days I clipped that piece of thread. I even had to isolate him with his own litter box so I could check the stools. Needless to say, I am very careful about any thread now. Glad yours is alright.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 PM

My daughter's cat ate 1/4 " ribbon the day before we were to leave on vac. She got so sick and we had no idea what was wrong with her. I took her to the vet and she had to stay over night so we had to have a friend pick her up and cover the expense until we got back. She'd eaten about 18" of red ribbon with the lacey stuff along the edge. The vet said it was harder for her to pass because it was rough along the edges which made it easier to catch and strangle her intestines.
Fortunately she didn't need surgery because we couldn't have afforded that. She lived many more years after that but we were extra careful about leaving things like that around.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 PM

I read a little story thabout Errol Flynn one time. When he was a boy he would go to his grandparents estate, in England I think. They had geese. He thought it was fun to get a long piece of string and tie a piece of slippery fat to it and toss it to the geese. The goose would swallow the fat and would soon p--p it out then another goose would eat the fat and do the same thing till there were several geese running around attached by a string that went iin one end and out the other.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:30 PM

In case you are to young to know who Errol Flynn was, he was a handsome actor who played in pirate movies and was the gorgeous swashbuckeling pirate. He was also a child star and played in a lot of the old old movies. like 20's and 30's
Old 12-24-2010, 11:54 AM

drgranny...I remember reading this about the "geese necklace" over 60 years ago. Isn't it funny how some things "stick" in our minds?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Yes it is funny the things we remember. I try to always remember pranks that I would never in a million years think of myself!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:10 PM

I've had a pom. eat glass xmas balls, had to take to vet. We just had to keep eye on her.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:22 PM

too funny and you're right....gross!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 AM

I have a cat that loves to eat kleenex and T.paper. We have to be very careful that we don't leave any where she can get into it. I even have my T.paper in a canester with a snap on lid. She got sick from eating paper and had to go to hosp for a couple of days. Took her to a different vet and he gave her an enema and told us to take her home quick before it could work on the way.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:08 AM

we had one cat that was determined to eat tinsel and it was always hanging out the back end my poor husband did the clean up duty then