Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
General Chit-Chat and Personal Diaries and Announcements: next round of discussions >

General Chit-Chat and Personal Diaries and Announcements: next round of discussions

General Chit-Chat and Personal Diaries and Announcements: next round of discussions

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

Since I can't seem to find my big girl panties and my little girl ones are in a wad.........

my interpretation and this is just me, is that the shy ones are being heard and those that are vocal are being ignored, specific things have been brought up and it doesn't seem to have any effect, hmmm room full of non- smokers or a room with a few hangeron's telling each other jokes ( no offense to the jokesters, I like them). up to you Admin, seems to me that there is not a lot of action to even moderate but there is still upset about the job that has been done and how it is done. There isn't much there and some of them were being locked, I think "to gory" was one explanation. You almost talk like you have no idea what has been moved or deleted. It is your board right? Do you have any idea?

BTW, someone is showing pictures of their dog on the main board. Kind of like last time that things happened over here and there was deletes and locks all over the place, someone first asked for names for her dog, then in a seperate thread announced her dogs name, albeit it was quilting names that she asked for and named the dog after. So does that mean that GCC is 'policed" a lot more than the main board?

Anyway, I am off like a dirty shirt, someone will have to email me when the smoke clears, if it clears.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Any problem if we post pictures/illustrations in more than once place?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM

K3n said:
"I think they do, BW. I can only speak for the PDA threads that I visit regularly, but I know that those who posted pics of their progress there always intended to share it and have since done, in Pictures when there was something to show.

For example, I did some PPing last night, with amma's help; I posted the block I did on her PDA - it was nothing special, just a lonely sample block. Then today I did two more blocks so I posted in Pictures because at that point, I thought I had something worth sharing, rather than a picture that was only to illustrate a point in a discussion, ie with amma, that I'd understood what she was telling me. I think some PDAers felt unwelcome on the Main board and in recent days have made real efforts to reintegrate, if that's the right word. GCC has been kept going by you, among others but HAS been a little bit quiet of late. Recently it has started to get a bit more lively, and as a result of that, it seems, there have been complaints." ..............

when amma gave you that help on pp, i would like to have been there. is it posted on tutorials? if it is, i'll look for it. if not, was it posted that the help would be available or had been made available on someone's pda?

when someone is learning a new skill, such as the ones that cutebuns teaches, they should be posted as cutebuns does, for everyone to learn from them and ask questions. this is what i mean by becoming too insular.

it's quiet because everyone is afraid to speak. i'm getting pm's all over the place telling me this. also telling me how gcc now lacks any ooomph or spark. why should that be so? it seems that pda-ers are looser than the members they originally complained about. this make absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. why couldn't members be looser on general chit-chat? and what happened to the argument that their children would read the board chit-chats? will they not read the pda's? are children (who should not be reading the board anyway without supervision), so selective in their reading matter? after all, without supervision, they can go onto a sex site. as i recall, children was a main issue regarding jokes in the first place. this was never a family site, and the jokes were never obscene. i've read some threads on pda and they are just as suggestive, let's call it, as anything that was complained about.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 AM

I'm beginning to think that Admin is just tired of the whole thing and just isn't quite sure how to end it all. I hope not.

On the other hand it is beginning to feel like we have become a social experiment and this is all for his amusement as if he has become bored with it all.

I know I am risking banishment with those remarks, but that's the way this is starting to feel.

This whole message board is NOT what it was when I joined it and that in itself is a downright shame. Some really talented people have left or been banished in the past and I have to ask myself why?

I hope we can get past this drama and soon.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 AM

I love this board and spend lots of time surfing around on it, I think if someone has a complaint they can go find a board that suits them better, Why would you stay someplace you didn't like? I think these debates make people squirm a little. I haven't totally gotten past the last one and here we are at it again. I think the first year I was a member was great, I don't remember these kinds of problems. This is a great, friendly and most generous board with lots of information and fun swaps. I take information I want and don't fret over what doesn't interest me.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
PLEASE TELL ME THAT ONE
Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator

I don't see any problem. Technically, posting the same content in multiple places is cross-posting, and is usually against terms of use on message boards.

But that's meant for people posting the same question or an ad in all sections of the board. That's prohibited because it's really annoying.

With pictures, I'm guessing the reason you are asking is to be able to post your work in progress in PDA, and once it's finished to post it in Pictures?

I think that's totally fine.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:54 AM

I am through with this discussion. :!: :!: :!: :!:

This is the last time I will post my opinion on this thread. It is also the last time I will read all of the discussion. :shock:

I continue to be puzzled by what the administration wants for the Chit Chat board. Life is not like "going to Disneyland" every day and I am under the impression that is the Administrator's hope for the Chit Chat Board. That is never going to happen. :(

One last comment, even though I don't post often on the PDA, I think it is a vey positive improvement to the board. Some members are really enjoying it!
:P
Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Admin
I don't see any problem. Technically, posting the same content in multiple places is cross-posting, and is usually against terms of use on message boards.

But that's meant for people posting the same question or an ad in all sections of the board. That's prohibited because it's really annoying.

With pictures, I'm guessing the reason you are asking is to be able to post your work in progress in PDA, and once it's finished to post it in Pictures?

I think that's totally fine.
what about pictorial videos?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

I hadn't posted or replied to anything in GCC for quite awhile, didn't feel comfortable doing so, not understanding what was going on with it.
then we, PDA were called on the carpet for moving everything "South of the Border" so to speak, and so I thought about it, and back to GCC, I went, thinking I will try again. For the last 2 days I have tried to follow it, and have replied to some of it. this morning, there is a thread about the death of Patrick Swayze, and I enter and leave a comment and have been back a few times to read how he had touched the lives of my fellow quilters, enjoying all of their comments.
And now you say it was wrong to post about his death and wrong to reply :shock: :shock:
I don't know what the answer is Admin., but I for one will not be going back to GCC anytime soon. I was raised to follow the rules, and I am pretty good at doing so. I just don't know what the rules are anymore :roll: :roll: