Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got an odd call

Blog Entries
    I too got a call from the IRS and he sounded like he was from a foreign country. Said if I didn't send the IRS $15000.00 I was going to be arrested. I laughed at him and hung up. He called back said you think this is funny, I said yes I've never owed IRS that kind of money and if I did they'd have to arrest me. I'm broke. I hung up again.

I frequently get calls from the "IRS" threatening that they are coming to arrest met. I've got some cookies in the freezer for them whenever they show up?LOL
    Lately I have been getting calls from "Brook on a recorded line" wanting to discuss my medicare account. I have blocked at least 12 of these on my cell phone and she still finds new phones to call me from. Poor dear, she must be getting so tired and frustrated trying to talk to me. LOL

mac
    My favorite scam of late has been Microsoft calling me and saying that they owe me money. Yea, right. Of course they want your information... don't give it.

However, I have to say that sometimes I get kind of bored and like to "play" with scammers. I figure they are fair game wanting to cheat me and waste my time, so why not waste theirs. I don't do it very often, but once in a while I will be in the mood to be annoying to them. I will give them really dumb answers, like I don't know what they are asking me. Sometimes I will keep asking them to repeat what they are saying; that really annoys them after about the 4 or 5th time. And then sometimes, I guess when I am feeling really cranky from about the millionth spam call, I just let them know that I know they are scammers, wanting to steal my money and don't they feel bad about taking money and lying to people? They should be ashamed of themselves, then about at this time they hang up. Strangely, I don't get any more calls for a while. But, then, they start up from a different group of spammers a few days later.

Lately I have been getting missed calls on my Google Voice number, which is not ported (does not ring) to any phone. I figure they picked up the number off an old Craigslist ad.

Blog Entries
    FL is prime picking's for scammers. They know there are many elders living alone who just like to talk to someone. Anyone. So they pick up their phone and that's the first mistake. If a number doesn't have a name or business name that displays on my phone, I don't answer. If they really want to talk to me, they can leave a message. The doctor has a phone number that I don't have, so they have to leave messages. So be it. Saves me time and worry to not answer unless I absolutely know who is on the other end.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

If in doubt, look up the number for the county process servers and call them and ask.

I got the IRS will arrest you call. I blew a whistle so loud I heard the girl scream! That is the best way to deal with scum calls.
    deliberately under-educated

My husband has a common name. Years ago he was hounded by a bill collection company who would not take "No"for an answer. We had to go to a lawyer to stop the harrassment. Thay called him at his work, at home, etc.

Some of these posts are hilarious! I don't blame anyone for wanting to waste their time since they are wasting yours and trying to scam! I especially think those who prey on seniors are the most despicable of all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2