grrr, really?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

I am seriously considering buying a railway carriage dumping it my yard and moving in to it! Why....ah well apart from being middle-aged and increasingly grumpy I am washing 2 metres of purple fabric. Fabric which yesterday was freshly washed and pressed ready to use, then my husband gets home with some shopping dumps the bags, with the leaking pack of raw chicken on top of said fabric! I didn't see it happen...but when I walked past the chest on which I had the fabric stacked I asked what the giant wet patches were..."Oh that would be where I put the bag with the leaky pack of chicken" says he! AAAAARGH!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:44 PM

How about DH using my expensive pinking shears to cut metal screening ? But I'll keep him , he's just about perfect in every other way. When he needed better scissors I gave him one of my old rotary cutters. You would think I gave him gold ! He supports me in all my many hobbies so it seemed only fair to share my booty.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 PM

I'll keep mine too. He just know that I don't get mad often and when I usually do I cook to get even. If I resort to the underwear thing, he's really done it.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:10 AM

My DH really isn't too bad now. He knows better than to touch anything in the sewing room. The only thing is the iron is in there and sometimes he needs to iron and will take my big board off and when I go to iron I have to put it back on, but I know that's not a big deal. I have household scissors down stairs in the junk drawer, so he never touches mine. He stopped complaining about fabric purchases because I've said I'll stop buying fabric if he stops buying beer.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:33 AM

Reminds me of a beginning quilt series that I watched from Fons and Porter.
They STRONGLY advocated purchasing padlocks and keys for the scissors ... a simple eye bold, small chain and a padlock/key set would fasten it into your cupboard and you would be the only one who could get it out to use it. <wave>
Old 07-23-2010, 02:33 PM

DH is good about asking to use anything in my sewing room and in turn I ask to use his tools
Old 07-23-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
So my husband was nosing around in stuff that he probably shouldn't have been being nosing in, not hiding anything but everything of MINE he touches ends up.....well continue reading.

Anyways getting back to the story, he was nosing around in a cabinet (probably looking for candy), just so happens to be the one I keep my cutter and scissors in, anyways I asked him what he was doing and I guess I scared him. About that time I hear something hit the floor I turn around just in time to see him picking up my rotary cutter! He puts it back in the cabinet and closes the door. Fast farward 3 hours, kids are sleeping husband is walking out the door for work, I am getting all my quilting stuff out, I make a cut, go to close the cutter and the blade won't go back in! I guess I should be glad I don't have to drag all three kids to the store because the blade won't come OUT, but grrrrr.

Moral of the story, there are just some things that should be off limits to even HUSBANDS! Exp. in my house. lol I wish he wasn't so tall, I would put things up so he and the kids couldn't reach them. But unfortunately I would have to grow two foot just to be a couple inches taller than him!

I always felt this way about my purse. I gave him the same respect regarding his wallet.
Too bad your husb. didn't at least tell you it broke. But then, he may not have known how they work. They are a pretty technical tool. LOL
Old 07-23-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by starlight
DH is good about asking to use anything in my sewing room and in turn I ask to use his tools
Same here, as it should be. By not asking to use something that belongs to another is disrespectful.
And to scream and threaten bodily harm for not asking is also disrespectful and childish.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys crack me up!! So many funny stories, although I'm sure they were irritating at the time.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned

Years ago when my boys were young, I had one pair of ercnomical kind, and they were very costly. I came home from work, and here was my hubby and three sons using those scisories to cut fine wire for the boy scout brown derby race cars. Even when I was working and making good money, It was rare that I bought for myself. but I did buy those. I did not have to say anything, as hubby looked at my face and told the boys were in trouble. God bless. Penny