grrr, really?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
No one in my family are welcome in my sewing room unless they have been invited, except the dog. They have learned that if they touch my scissors or cutter, that they don't want to pay the consequenses. If the scissors don't have red nail polish on the blade....don't even THINK of using the scissors.
When a pair of scissors is given over to them, it gets a blob of red nail polish so that they can identify the ones they are allowed to use.
Except the dog. That's too cute!! The dog rates!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 AM

STARTED STORIES YEARS AGO. ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MANHOOD
ITEMS WHEN GS CUT TOP OF STOOL WITH ROTARY CUTTER. SO ALL MALE PERSONEL STAY OUT OF SEWING ROOM
Old 07-22-2010, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Ladies,

Thanks for the laugh this morning, it goes well with my coffee.

I have yet to have him come in and us any part of my stash as cleaning rags, but my candy stash is another story.

My husband wanders into my sewing room, and things get remodeled or I get a new sewing item. So I guess you could say.....my husband can wander in the sewing room anytime and ravage the fabric.
So, he gets candy and a you get a ravage, sounds fair to me.

:P :-P :-P
Old 07-22-2010, 03:20 AM

When my kids were little (hubby too)I would tie a red thread on anything they were NOT to use. I think they believed I would break their hands if they touched it. grin actually a rule was, you break it, you replace it. However, I did have a supply of paper scissors, markers, paper etc in a drawer, that they use at any time. If they really needed to use the fabric scissors, they knew all they had to do was ask and I would supervise what they were doing with it. Makes me laugh when I see them using that same thing with their kids and grand kids.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 AM

I am sort of lucky - my sewing rooms, office and guest bedroom are on the 2nd floor of our home. My husband played basketball until into his fifties and now his knees and ankles are bad. He has difficulty with stairs so he rarely comes upstairs. Kids and grandkids are grown and older so I can leave my stuff hanging around and no one bothers it. If and/or when he comes upstairs, he knows to NEVER touch any of my sewing things. He does not even walk into those rooms - well trained now after several tongue lashings.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:20 AM

well trained now after several tongue lashings.[/quote]

Is that like a ravage??? :shock:
Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt3311
When my kids were little (hubby too)I would tie a red thread on anything they were NOT to use. I think they believed I would break their hands if they touched it. grin actually a rule was, you break it, you replace it. However, I did have a supply of paper scissors, markers, paper etc in a drawer, that they use at any time. If they really needed to use the fabric scissors, they knew all they had to do was ask and I would supervise what they were doing with it. Makes me laugh when I see them using that same thing with their kids and grand kids.
You are one smart mother. What a great story! (and sweet too)
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mickie612
STARTED STORIES YEARS AGO. ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MANHOOD
ITEMS WHEN GS CUT TOP OF STOOL WITH ROTARY CUTTER. SO ALL MALE PERSONEL STAY OUT OF SEWING ROOM
I am cracking up over this thread. Good ideas but tons of comic relief ! hahahahahah :D
Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
well trained now after several tongue lashings.
Is that like a ravage??? :shock:[/quote]

He was yelled at extensively for using my things. I do not touch his tools; I asked for and received for Christmas my own tool kit which stays in the garage and he uses it, too. So my sewing rooms are off limits to him and he knows it.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 AM

-Yeah, I used to hide the cookies in a package in the freezer with LIVER written on it. No,j don't put your rotary cutter or scissors in the freezer, but maybe you have a place in your home he wouldn't think to check out and that would be safe for the children. How about a locked money box where the your family would never suspect something is there?
------------------------------
How about putting scissors and stuff like that in Kotex boxes?
Of course, you will have to put them in the bathroom, or declare
your sewing space "added storage" to account for them being there!!