HALF TIME SHOW

Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 PM

I thought it seemed amateurish. Very poor stage production.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 PM

I did like the people on the field with their lights and dance and moves.. but the singing and those on the stage were sorely lacking.. and that poor girl, with her football pads themed outfit.. I can't imagine people thought that was anything to look at or listen too.. I think half time shows have been going downhill for years. Beginning with Janet Jackson and her malfunctioning outfit! There are wonderful entertainers and groups out there.. Why have someone we can't even understand? good grief, fire whoever did that show. It was awful!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 AM

oh dear.. I must have really hated that half time show.. but even more than the half time show was the horrible singing of our National Anthem. I don't care how many awards someone has, they ought to have the respect to sing the song correctly.. she was so "into" her own voice and what she was doing with it to impress the world that she forgot where she was.. for goodness sake, sing the song and honor the nation. Do your vocalizations in the shower. I didn't not appreciate that disgraceful attempt at all.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by Anne P
I enjoyed some of the lighting effects, but couldn't understand much of the lyrics. One sone, though, seemed to be about loving the children, a message I would dearly love to see a lot more.
Was that possibly Fergie murdering one of my all time favorite songs - Sweet Child o' Mine? The lyrics were actually written by Axl Rose and refer to his girlfriend at the time, Erin Everly.
I love that song, even though I'm a grandma. I don't know how well she sang it, but the melody brought back a good song. That's all I liked about their song selection.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by ljorange
LOL! Some of you sound like my dad when Elvis hit the scene!
I remember when rock and roll was introduced. Bill Haley and the Comets never made it long on our radio when my father was within earshot. The music kind of outraged him. Elvis...we had to go downstairs to my grandmother's apartment to play Heartbreak Hotel.....over and over and over, spinning around that record player. And we did this when my father was at work so no chance at all he could hear it!!!
I'm 67 years old soon and I understand all the comings and goings in the music industry. I remember when Kiss made the scene, the Doors did LA Woman like no other (I was potty training my youngest while spinning LA Woman on the Wildcat), and then the Beattles Abbey Road while I cleaned, and cleaned. Neil Diamond Hot August Night was continually spun between my neighbor and friend, Susan and me on our house cleaning, homemaking days. Some guy from Enlgand singing the beautiful "Your Song" over and over on our new stereo.
The music was great. Santana, The Diamonds, Chubby Checker, Fats Domino, Bobby Rydell, Blue Oyster Cult, The Stones, Styx, Lover Boy, and on and on.
So, I really did try to give Black-Eyed Peas a break. But my 67 years have finally caught up with me and there's that stubborn block there to accept what's different.
By the way, I'd listen to the groups I mentioned above, and the songs, any time without criticism. Nostalgia.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 AM

I could not believe it. I just heard a lot of screaming and shouting.

I was hoping for music.

On the other side my tweener loved it.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by marieann
Good question! This Super Bowl entertainment has been pretty bad.
IMHO each year's show gets worse and worse. And the National Anthem was disgracefully performed. I wish they would quit trying to rewrite the music and perform it as it is written. God Bless America!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM

I love Black Eyed Peas!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 PM

The Halftime show from all I hear was: "El Primo Crapola De La Noche"!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
Bring back the marching bands!!!
I agree. The chick couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. I don't particularly like rap to begin with. Loved the light show, tho.