Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone purchased from eBay recently using PayPal?

Blog Entries

Has anyone purchased from eBay recently using PayPal?

I was surprised when I checked out that as soon as I entered my PayPal password, the transaction was completed! Was given no option to change the payment method. Usually I buy only one item at a time, but this time I had two items in the cart from two different sellers and checked out with the cart. Is that why PayPal didn't give me any option to change payment method? My PayPal default is bank, but I usually like to change that to a credit card option to give me added protection.

Just wondering........ I will have to think twice about buying off eBay now, as I don't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I was surprised when I checked out that as soon as I entered my PayPal password, the transaction was completed! Was given no option to change the payment method. Usually I buy only one item at a time, but this time I had two items in the cart from two different sellers and checked out with the cart. Is that why PayPal didn't give me any option to change payment method? My PayPal default is bank, but I usually like to change that to a credit card option to give me added protection.

Just wondering........ I will have to think twice about buying off eBay now, as I don't like this.
    Paypal is the only way I do ebay, feel it is the safest......

Blog Entries
    Just be careful after using PayPal to go back to the PayPal website and log yourself off. Since eBay bought PayPal, I notice that I cannot rely on being automatically logged out after a certain period of time. Even if PayPal is not in one of my open tabs, I can still be logged into it! I'm pretty sure this is how some hackers got to our credit cards last year. Now I am careful to check and log myself out if still logged in (which is most of the time).

But really, what I am hacked off about now is that PayPal did not give me the option to choose a credit card payment. I'm thinking it's because I checked out with the whole cart. When I have purchased just a single item before with Buy It Now, PayPal has always given me the opportunity to change the payment method.

I've never had Paypal not give me the option to change payment methods. Are you sure you didn't miss it? Often they change how the screens look and it can be easy to miss that section.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Have you contacted PayPal about this?

Blog Entries
    Just be careful after using PayPal to go back to the PayPal website and log yourself off. Since eBay bought PayPal, I notice that I cannot rely on being automatically logged out after a certain period of time. Even if PayPal is not in one of my open tabs, I can still be logged into it! I'm pretty sure this is how some hackers got to our credit cards last year. Now I am careful to check and log myself out if still logged in (which is most of the time).

But really, what I am hacked off about now is that PayPal did not give me the option to choose a credit card payment. I'm thinking it's because I checked out with the whole cart. When I have purchased just a single item before with Buy It Now, PayPal has always given me the opportunity to change the payment method.
    I contacted Paypal about this and they said that even though it shows you are still logged in, you can't do anything unless you sign in again. HOWEVER, I do as you do and go back and log out.

Also, before you hit the 'continue' button, click on the button that says change payment. I didn't catch this at first but finally figured it out. The option is there.

I will only purchase on eBay using Paypal.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
    I've never had Paypal not give me the option to change payment methods. Are you sure you didn't miss it? Often they change how the screens look and it can be easy to miss that section.
    I have used the "change payment" option often. There is no way I missed it. I entered my password and that was it. Kaboom! Thank you for your payment!

I don't normally use the eBay cart when checking out. Usually I am buying a single "Buy It Now" item. With that, I have always been offered the change payment type option with PayPal. That's why I'm wondering if using the eBay cart made the difference, especially since eBay now owns PayPal.

Edit: I should add that immediately after this, eBay requested comments about my checkout experience. I explained my dis-satisfaction with this checkout experience; just wondering if this is something new, or whether others have experienced this too.

Prism, it happened to me just once. The rest of the time I've had the option to change the payment method. So, yes, it has happened before.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    From the Customer Support section of eBay. Looks like you have less control when you use the cart.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/paypal.html

To pay for multiple items using eBay checkout:
    1. Go to My eBay.

2. Click Purchase history on the left side of the page.

3. Click the Pay for All PayPal Items button on the bottom of the page. This option is only available if you purchased items from multiple sellers who offer PayPal as a payment method.

4. Make sure that your shipping address is correct. The seller may require a credit card billing address registered with PayPal, sometimes called a confirmed address.

5. Check the order details, including shipping and taxes.

6. Click Continue. If you have questions about the total cost, click Request total from seller.

7. Select PayPal as your payment method, and log in to your PayPal account.

8. Click Continue.

9. To complete your purchase, click Confirm Your Payment.

I recently used Paypal but don't remember that!

There is an option that allows you to change the credit card or method of payment. You have to do this once you enter your password and before "continue"
    Carmen E.

I do......there a square there if u chose not to pay both at one time, select which ones you want to pay.
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

I guess they prefer to use your bank account...it's always so hard to fid the "change" button, but it is there. I just used it this morning. It's at the top of the page where it shows you the bank account option. it's like searching for a needle in a haystack and they do keep changing it.

It is eBay that made this change, I am not sure how long ago when the last update was, maybe 4 or 6 months ago?? I think there is an option on eBay to opt out of this to disconnect PayPal from eBay. I would contact eBay. It is used mostly for small payments to speed things up. It took me by surprised too!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

This happened to me last month and once before at Missouri Star Quilt Co. Thought it was strange-never happened anywhere else. Haven't ordered from EBay in a while.

I always change my option, but, I have to remember to actively look to do it. There is no prompt, but it is possible.
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    I had this happen to me as well. I wanted to change payment option and had no choice. It paid it without the option to change.
    Abiding in the Vine

never mind

I just used it to buy a fabric and the option was there.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    It is eBay that made this change, I am not sure how long ago when the last update was, maybe 4 or 6 months ago?? I think there is an option on eBay to opt out of this to disconnect PayPal from eBay. I would contact eBay. It is used mostly for small payments to speed things up. It took me by surprised too!!
    Ebay AND Paypal are owned by the SAME company. Always thought they were double dipping with fees

I find PayPal tricky also. But, I still think it's the best way to pay.

I just purchased from ebay using paypal, twice within the last week. I could have changed to credit card but didn't want to because of the pay after delivery. So I went back and changed it back to bank.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    I find PayPal tricky also. But, I still think it's the best way to pay.

I agree. I think that is all Ebay takes now, but not 100 percent sure on that.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking this happened because I had two items in the cart from two different vendors. Next time I will just buy the items one at a time, as I have always gotten the option to change payment type that way.

for ebay purchases you can only use paypal, nothing else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast