Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1 >

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Old 05-20-2009, 05:25 PM

The 2nd law of Murphy is: before you can do anything, you have to do something else FIRST :!: Of course, we all know Murphy's Law #1: If anything can go wrong, it will :!: These laws are absolute & affect the entire universe :!:
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM

So funny! Yes, funny, now. How does this universe work? Going to try to attach a picture. The other ones where he was saying things aren't fit to publish.

My dear husband had lost his sense of humor by this time.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24950[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24950.jpe  
Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM

Bless you heart!! "They" say--"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and you two must have a REALLY strong marriage by now!! Your story had me laughing all the way through.

My husband decided when we moved into this house to finish our basement himself. We have lived here 3 1/2 years and he is no where near finished. I feel your pain. At least I do not have to eat out while he works on it. :-)
Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 PM

So sorry for everyones troubles. My original husband was very handy, bless his soul, but the current DH is not, so we just call our handyman, plumber, electrician etc. That saves us from the parrot picking up bad words!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:26 PM

Reeeealy glad I don't have a parrot. He would never be able to live anywhere else but on a pirate ship!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 PM

Pam, when my Dad lived with me (for 7 years before his death at 92) the only swear word he ever said was Sh__, and he said it under his breath. Well, Oliver, my African grey would also say it in my father's voice, but also under his breath. So I would say to him - that is not very nice, so then he would say Oh sh__ - oh that is not very nice. He still talks to me in my Dad's voice - kind of a nice reminder.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
LMAO - your story is funny now because our kitchen is done.

We decided to renovate our kitchen last year. Started on Memorial Day weekend and ended in August. (Well, if you count the missing base board, we're still not done)

Gutted the place to studs and subfloor. Found out that window had leaked and had to replace the entire outside wall. (When it was 109 F in Sacramento, I had a tarp stapled to my house.) A 3-hour job to replace a window turned into a 2-week excursion.

Then we had a sewer leak and DH had to fit 2009 replacement parts to 1980s stuff. Fun ....and a yummy smell. Nothing fit, nothing matched. on and on and on...... but it turned out pretty (at least I think so)

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...ilesplash3.jpg

When he got ready to install the garbage disposal, he found out that the new sink was too deep and the disposal too large and the parts wouldn't fit into the existing plumbing. That was the day I ended up balling like a baby, curled up in fetal position on the bathroom floor.

Yeah, those darling little do-it-yourself projects.
That backspash is gorgeous!!!!!!! Who said this - I think Aggi - I am woman hear me roar MEOOOW! If I didn't do everything else around here already, I would try this stuff too.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Pam, when my Dad lived with me (for 7 years before his death at 92) the only swear word he ever said was Sh__, and he said it under his breath. Well, Oliver, my African grey would also say it in my father's voice, but also under his breath. So I would say to him - that is not very nice, so then he would say Oh sh__ - oh that is not very nice. He still talks to me in my Dad's voice - kind of a nice reminder.
What a great story! I hear African greys are the best talkers. What a beautiful reminder.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
What a RIOT!!! Half of me is cracking up, the other half is quite relieved to hear this goes on in other houses. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Same here!!!! lol!!!!!!
:wink: :D
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Power Poster

I am still chuckling :lol: :lol: :lol: