Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1 >

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 AM

so now you,ll have sex in kitchen with hole in sink wow lol,if i was you i would sit down have a nice cold beer or a glass of wine with husband and wait for sex to be over in sink, i hope you can find a nice female for your male : :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck
Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Izy

Oh Pam...I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry...so did both!! :shock: :? :roll: :D

Hope you are all settled again now :D :D
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 AM

Oh that is too funny....sad....no funny ...no sad....no funny....:-)
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 AM

On our first date, dear hubby said, "I'm not a plumber, a mechanic, an electrician or a carpenter, so if that's what you want, keep looking!"

He "helped" me with a few small projects but we soon realized that if "Paul and Lori" were going to work? We had to hire the right people!

We are completing a $50,000.00 reno on our house ( and we lived here for a year while it was happening!) and he didn't so much a lift a hammer! And the man who did our renovation thanked him everyday!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 AM

Oh boy I'm getting ready to join in this feasco. lol Last night our bathroom sink clogged up. Not a big deal right WRONG!!!!! Several months ago our basement flooded turns out we have a bigger problem than thought, outside of the hubby who starts stuff and doesn't finish them. I still have 2 holes in the basement, and starting on Tuesday the ceiling from the kitchen will be gone so they can REPLACE all the plumbing from the tub, toilet and sink (thank god we own a boat) since it's our only bathroom. Estimated time 3 to 4 days TOPS to repair plumbing, but more than likely 10 years for ceiling. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 AM

Let's just say that I can relate to your experience entirely, Pam.

Except, in a BIG way. We have been building a house for five years now and the road has been rocky at times as you might imagine. DH is very crafty but things sometimes (like always) takes four times longer than he estimates! The good news is that the toliets now work, we have running water (even hot water), tv works and kitchen appliances work. (although we had to return 3 stoves before they got it "right"---one leaked gas (not a good thing), one had been dropped and one came without the top grates)----

Now, if we could just get the carpet installed.....

The saving grace is that we have a sense of humor. (and like to go out to eat)
Old 05-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Power Poster

Finally had time to sit down this morning and read yours!

Too too funny and true, I could write a book! :D :D

So glad someone in this boat with me!

Ninnie
Old 05-21-2009, 05:19 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Pam that is Soooo funny! i love all the eating out part and the sexually disfunctional faucets (taps to me!). You should write for a living, your style is so great! Or do stand up!

K x
Old 05-21-2009, 06:06 AM

Before we moved here we had a lovely 4 bed house and had it all nice except the kitchen was being re tiled.. or so I thought... after a few months of waiting for it to be finished I wrote across the walls '' Proposed site for tiles' this caused great humour to friends and embarrassment for hub.. needless to say within a week I had my tiles on!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by elliemay
Before we moved here we had a lovely 4 bed house and had it all nice except the kitchen was being re tiled.. or so I thought... after a few months of waiting for it to be finished I wrote across the walls '' Proposed site for tiles' this caused great humour to friends and embarrassment for hub.. needless to say within a week I had my tiles on!!!
Excellent!! Smart lady!