Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1 >

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM

All this eating out - do you really need a kitchen at all?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 PM

I am so glad to know that there is someone out there with a life like mine. it never fails...every project we start.. better to laugh than sit there and cry. lol
Old 05-27-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
:lol: :lol:
I've been there before. Everything takes 4 time longer and cost 5 times as much as you think it will.
My life exactly.

Jo
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
:lol: :lol:
I've been there before. Everything takes 4 time longer and cost 5 times as much as you think it will.
pam...still rolling around, holding my tummy!
my story, would have a few..."I went nuts"...cause when my hubby goes nuts, he can go ballistic...:twisted:
I don't always do 'well' with that!(go figger, lol)
:roll: :evil: - :evil:
was trying to type the word, 'rolling' (see above), and kept backspacing to get rid of the letter ' i ',...was thinking i WAS going nuts...
finally took finger and cleaned monitor off, lol!!!
think some glass cleaner is in order. I spit, snort and drool all over this thing all the time...now didn't y'all want that picture? LOL :lol::lol::lol:
Your story is hilarious...so, how are you and the hubs, doing now?
Pounds heavier, and dollars lighter? :wink:
Hi girl - lbs lighter and dollars a looooot lighter. Seems right after we got into this redo thing, I was laid off, he had to have another stint in his heart, etc. Do not spit on a kleenex and wipe the monitor. It is not a child.
awww, you were peeking :lol:
Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by pal
Has anyone ever wallpapered with their husband????? I think if you've survived wallpapering together, you're set for life!
Okay - I was gonna wait till I'read every comment before adding mine - but this one got to me. The FIRST time we wallpapered together, my DH threw me out of the room after 'we' put up the 2nd piece - - -

Pam, my DH heard me gut-laughing at your story and just had to read it, too. He asked if I was gonna tell about the time he tiled a bathroom and didn't know you have to clean the excess grout IMMEDIATELY :x :x :x It took him 2 weeks to clean up that mess. I just laughed and said,'NOT my job, man :lol: "
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

you were laid off AND hubby had to have a stint...my goodness,
they probably put hubby on a heart diet, huh?
well, good thing you guys went out and enjoyed it, while you could.
You know every one of us, that have picked about the eating out, go visit the local choke-and-puke, :mrgreen: every time you turn around.
(cause we can't turn around,...just roll around, lol...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: )
When your remodeling you have to, or there's no time or energy to get the work done.
Pam, I am making you my official female-Jeff Foxworthy, of the remodeling world :XD:
(hmmm, maybe that funny klunk under my sink, is the 'genders', banging around :shock: :wink: good gosh, hope they use birth control :!: don't need any 'pipelets', now that I'm an empty nester :lol: )
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM

We had no choice EXCEPT to remodel when we bought our house - 110 years old, and bought from a woman with 6 kids - mostly teenagers. She worked all day just to get away from them. One bedroom was black - including ceiling and window trim. Every room wallpapered - badly. Kitchen had Montgomery Ward appliances. Does ANYBODY remember Montgomery Ward? And did you know they had appliances?

Mad Quilter - did you REALLY mean for us to see the picture of your DH in his devil suit lying in bed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
We had no choice EXCEPT to remodel when we bought our house - 110 years old, and bought from a woman with 6 kids - mostly teenagers. She worked all day just to get away from them. One bedroom was black - including ceiling and window trim. Every room wallpapered - badly. Kitchen had Montgomery Ward appliances. Does ANYBODY remember Montgomery Ward? And did you know they had appliances?

Mad Quilter - did you REALLY mean for us to see the picture of your DH in his devil suit lying in bed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
actually, I thought he looked incredible in bed...
(now Joanne is going: WHAT????? crazy really IS crazy!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
his suit - it's not a devil, Joanne. It's mr. incredible, lol.
(boy I could say more, but biting on my tongue now...leaving before my fingers, do more walking.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: )
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM

I didn't say he doesn't look good, QNC. I was just wonderin' out loud if she REALLY wanted us to SEE the picture!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I didn't say he doesn't look good, QNC. I was just wonderin' out loud if she REALLY wanted us to SEE the picture!
your missing the point, LOL...can't tell if he looks good or not, with Martina's red thingy on...
he's not wearing a devil suit.
He is mr. incredible...in bed! (right Martina?)
oh,...she's busy calling hubby,
-"Honey, your never gonna believe this..." :lol: