Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1 >

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Home repair store with husband diary (This is a true story and I have pictures) Part 1

Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
you were laid off AND hubby had to have a stint...my goodness,
they probably put hubby on a heart diet, huh?
well, good thing you guys went out and enjoyed it, while you could.
You know every one of us, that have picked about the eating out, go visit the local choke-and-puke, :mrgreen: every time you turn around.
(cause we can't turn around,...just roll around, lol...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: )
When your remodeling you have to, or there's no time or energy to get the work done.
Pam, I am making you my official female-Jeff Foxworthy, of the remodeling world :XD:
(hmmm, maybe that funny klunk under my sink, is the 'genders', banging around :shock: :wink: good gosh, hope they use birth control :!: don't need any 'pipelets', now that I'm an empty nester :lol: )
The official Jeff Foxworthy?!!!! I am truly honored. And girls that have wallpapered, I did it a few years ago and stood back to admire my work - had hung the pattern upside down. Don't hire me - what I do is frightening.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

noooo, I"M missing the point...
...you're just messing with me.:XD:
Old 05-27-2009, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by elliemay
'' Proposed site for tiles' this caused great humour to friends and embarrassment for hub.. needless to say within a week I had my tiles on!!!
My DH has no embarrassment gene. His answer (with a smile): I'm a guy - what do you expect? Since he has other wonderful qualities, I usually let him slide. That's why
- balcony has no banister
- kitchen remodel outside wall has no siding
- new window in dining room has no tape/texture on wallboard
- house has no baseboards
- yard has no grass
- and on
- and on

I just feel sorry for the neighbors (but then again, they moved in AFTER us.)
I had to read the plumbing story to my DH because it was so close to our experience. Nothing ever fits.

But, what really got me, Martine, is the feeling of relating exactly to your house. My DH built this house beginning with a simple cabin in mind and adding on as inspiration and $$ hit. When we married, he lifted it and put a basement under. NOTHING is finished. NO siding, NO baseboards, NO trim around most windows, NO finished walls in the bathroom. Here's the clincher - DH made his living for years by custom building cabinets. My friends live in houses with beautiful kitchens that he has built. I have minimal kitchen cabinets and he spends all day building longbows :!:
Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by elliemay
'' Proposed site for tiles' this caused great humour to friends and embarrassment for hub.. needless to say within a week I had my tiles on!!!
My DH has no embarrassment gene. His answer (with a smile): I'm a guy - what do you expect? Since he has other wonderful qualities, I usually let him slide. That's why
- balcony has no banister
- kitchen remodel outside wall has no siding
- new window in dining room has no tape/texture on wallboard
- house has no baseboards
- yard has no grass
- and on
- and on

I just feel sorry for the neighbors (but then again, they moved in AFTER us.)
I had to read the plumbing story to my DH because it was so close to our experience. Nothing ever fits.

But, what really got me, Martine, is the feeling of relating exactly to your house. My DH built this house beginning with a simple cabin in mind and adding on as inspiration and $$ hit. When we married, he lifted it and put a basement under. NOTHING is finished. NO siding, NO baseboards, NO trim around most windows, NO finished walls in the bathroom. Here's the clincher - DH made his living for years by custom building cabinets. My friends live in houses with beautiful kitchens that he has built. I have minimal kitchen cabinets and he spends all day building longbows :!:
Wow! My DH (from the story) is a bowhunter and rather than do the dining room we still need done, he rebuilds gun stocks for skeet and trap shooters and is a referee for skeet shoots. My husband would love to talk to yours. Pam
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 AM

Sorry to laugh, but it was funny they way you wrote it, I could just image that.

Elle
Old 05-28-2009, 07:06 AM

B.Zang:I have minimal kitchen cabinets and he spends all day building longbows :!: [/quote]

Pam:Wow! My DH (from the story) is a bowhunter and rather than do the dining room we still need done, he rebuilds gun stocks for skeet and trap shooters and is a referee for skeet shoots. My husband would love to talk to yours.

Pam and B.Zang: NO MATTER WHAT - NEVER GET YOUR HUSBANDS TOGETHER !!!! Unless of course, you get signed contracts for equal time fab shopping :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
B.Zang:I have minimal kitchen cabinets and he spends all day building longbows :!:
Pam:Wow! My DH (from the story) is a bowhunter and rather than do the dining room we still need done, he rebuilds gun stocks for skeet and trap shooters and is a referee for skeet shoots. My husband would love to talk to yours.

Pam and B.Zang: NO MATTER WHAT - NEVER GET YOUR HUSBANDS TOGETHER !!!! Unless of course, you get signed contracts for equal time fab shopping :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Joanne, your right!!! My hubby loves guns, and he has a best friend, both on disability, so spend lots of time together, in Jim's shop (friend),
talking guns, ammo, cars, they go to auctions all the time...
hey, what am I saying????
I love when hubby is over there. I can do my best "zoning" in cave, when here by myself!
...but then, i don't need kitchen cabinets either.
I just need a new door, on my washroom, to keep rain out, want the living room wall fixed, so I can finish painting, and decorate.
Been wishing for five years, that he would put porch rail at top of steps back up, where he knocked it down with new fridge, and then a month later, i fell down these steps bc, no rail for me to grab onto...have a bum knee, that folds, whenever it feels like it,...
and one toilet is slowly leaking under gasket....he better fix that one, soon!
never hung sides back on my garage, to keep sycamore pollen off my car! it eats my paint!
hmmm, when you start listing...it just gets longer and longer!!!! :?
...and this from a woman who sews a button on, as soon as shirt is haned to her, bc she will forget, otherwise.
geesh, and just raised his road-runner allowance.
well, that settles it,...i refuse to feel guilty about the 100.00 I spent this week on fabrics!!!! Do you guys do that? justify your addiction? :XD:
Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 AM

Crazy - what the hay is a 'road-runner' allowance?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Crazy - what the hay is a 'road-runner' allowance?
Joanne, a road-runner allowance is for my road-running, hubby!!
He can't sit still and stay home, and i don't go anywhere cept to kitchen, wash machine, pc and cave!
I spend allowance on quilting, and he spends his in gas and eats!
But I am the wile E. coyote of the two...no matter what he may say! :wink:
Old 05-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

oh, and lest I forget...speaking of my "HONEY-DO LIST" here:
the wooden floor in kitchen is all buckled from when he put in fridge and didn't hook up ice maker correctly and it leaked...
one vent in here, pc room, doesn't put out much a/c...
and surely not the last of anything...I haven't had a clothes dryer in
3 months! I hang clothes on line, but need dryer for my fabrics.
He's been taking them to the laundrymat in town, to dry for me.
Takes 15 minutes, but it's making him notice, how much fabric I have!!!
We can't have that,...cause from my list, thinking i deserve to go shopping again, lol!!!!
don't y'all think so???? I think you do, too!!! let's all go...woo hooo....LQS you are forwarned...here we come....crazy, maniacal, fabric groping, cloth sniffing, quilters. yeehaww :!: :!: :!:
how I do love a good fabric shop...and that's a verb :!: