Horrid weather!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:22 PM

Ohio was nice last week with temps in the low 80's with low humidity. Watch out, this week temps in the mid 90's and high humidity. After all, it is summer :)
The weather in Oregon (Bend & Sisters) was beautiful while we were there week of 4th of July.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Hot and humid today and we have a lot of days like that, I need to talk Hubby into moving to Oregon. Sounds like the perfect place to me.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 PM

We are very wet too. Got 1/2 and inch today alone. At least we don't have a drought but this is very hard on the grass seed farmers that have fields all around me. It has been cut but not combined yet and now is wet. We have wheat in our fields!
Originally Posted by kwiltnutt
I notice that some of you live in the Pacific Northwest, as I do..............are you having any summer weather? It is just like winter rain although the air is warmer by a bit. We get this all other 3 seasons as a norm, but couldn't we have at least July/August sun???? I am going to shrivel up like a prune! UUGGHH!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM

Yesterday we had a cool front - only 102, but heat index was 109. Today 106 but don't know what the heat index was. 20+ days of 100+.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:22 PM

It is indeed hot in Texas. Today ,humidity was high. No rain and the cotton fields are not getting water to grow.
I love the PNW. We are planning our vacation next year to spend it on Lopez Island Wa. Hoping it will rain a little.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:32 PM

In Oklahoma we have had 17 days of triple digits, hottest day was 109 and that doesn't include heat index...it's been so hot my yard has cracks every where and I have been watering every other day...so rain and coolness would be welcomed...Please no hail or tornados...LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 PM

I now know what the term "Scorching Hot" means. The heat here, combined with the high humidity, makes it almost unbearable. I saw a story on the news tonight about a man who has had knee surgery and has been unable to work for several weeks. The doctors predict it will be at least 2 more months before he can walk. He's been living for over a month with no water and no electricity in his house. Neighbors have been bringing him water, but he said he's been having to sleep outside on his porch because it's so hot in his house, and that's very dangerous. According to the weatherman, there's no relief in sight for now. I've lost count of how many straight 3-digit temperature days we've had, most of them 105 or 106. Don't even want to think about the heat index!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:10 PM

I notice that some of you live in the Pacific Northwest, as I do..............are you having any summer weather? It is just like winter rain although the air is warmer by a bit. We get this all other 3 seasons as a norm, but couldn't we have at least July/August sun???? I am going to shrivel up like a prune! UUGGHH!
Yep, Oregonians don't get old, they just rust away. I just hate it when my 'paint' peels.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM

We are having terrible storms and rain now.....some hail in some places.......on my lap top unpl. for now....have to keep busy.....our lab dog is right in my DH lap, she hates the thunder and lighting, etc.....great hunting dog though....it was 95 today and raining cats and dogs bad now
Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 PM

It is in the high 90s here in Wisconsin, with terrible thunder and hail storms frequently, lots of flooding. So see, you don't have it so bad after all.