Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Clean is Clean Enough - when it comes to one's home >

How Clean is Clean Enough - when it comes to one's home

How Clean is Clean Enough - when it comes to one's home

Old 12-15-2017, 10:40 AM

My standards have definitely gone down with age. I like clean bathrooms and kitchen, but that's about it unless I see cobwebs or something
Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 AM

My bathrooms are always clean and the kitchen is clean but messy. My mother was a fanatic. She cleaned the bathrooms every day and the kitchen after every meal. Thoroughly cleaned, not just wiped down. I decided early on that I would never be like that. I have a lot better things to do than spend my spare time scrubbing cracks. I now have cleaning people twice a month and other than that, I wipe down counters and mop floors when they need it in between.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:45 AM

Like many, my bathrooms and kitchen are always clean, but this little cross-stitch explains the comfy family rooms - lol:
Attached Thumbnails dusty-mouse.jpg  
Old 12-15-2017, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Enough that I would not feel embarrassed to have a friend drop by.
Ditto!! However, I'm pretty anal about bathrooms and kitchens. I clean those multiple times a week. And, I clean my sewing room weekly or after every project...
Old 12-15-2017, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Clean enough to suit Husband and me. Kitchen is cleaned after each three meals. Bathroom cleaned at least once a week, toilet, countertop and sink more often. Kitchen floor several times a day, dog food crumbles and log droppings.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Oklahoma powder fine dust. I could get out the swiffer 3 times a day and it would not make any difference. I concern myself with the bathroom and the kitchen.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:03 PM

Personally I don't worry about it, when it gets bad enough, then I clean. The floor is somewhat clean, the sink isn't full of dirty dishes, etc., dirty clothes are in the basket, etc.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:18 PM

My mother was a meticulous "housekeeper". We had nine kids, and end of day, everything was in its place. Bedrooms were for sleeping in. We had a playroom that we cleaned up every Saturday. When I was in high school my friends would laugh at her sign "come in, sit down, relax converse. My house doesn't always look like this, sometimes it's even worse!" I on the other hand have two signs..."My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!", and "you can write in the dust, just don't date it." My dishes are done daily, floors swept/vacuumed, bathroom cleaned, rooms dusted, but I don't obsess over it. Sometimes good is enough.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:34 PM

I go through stages when the clutter drives me nuts. Mostly it's my DH's magazines, newspapers, various things he drags in and leaves on the counter or table. Grrr! Since he never cooks, the kitchen is my territory, and I don't want his mess on my counters. I don't go in his workshop and leave quilting or gardening stuff lying around.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:07 PM

Kitchen and bathroom always clean, vacuum daily as I have two German Shedders, can be untidy, grandaughter here a couple of days a week so lots of toys for her, if you don’t like it, don’t come in is my motto now. I used to be houseproud, but two boys a husband and large dogs soon sorted that obsession out of me