Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 04-15-2010, 10:02 AM

Mary Ellen:
This is the most beautiful story I have ever read. I'm a tough old bird and it made me cry.
I know what a wonderful thing it is to have that special mate who cares more for me than he does himself. We are both so blessed.
Thank you for sharing your story.
Karen
Old 04-15-2010, 10:20 AM

Lots of us internet marriages here. Guess Sears and Roebuck doesn't have a "bride" section anymore.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Hey ladies all wonderful stories!!! I haven't met mine yet anyone want to write my story LOL
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 AM

I met my sweet husband on Match.com! Yes, I know we've all heard horror stories; my daughter's friend was one of those, poor thing. I tried the singles group at the church I was attending.... 40 women and 2 men; the men were in relationships with 2 of the women... so I guess it worked for them! No more bars for me, so I went online , decided to be honest, because I was already alone, so I didn't have anything to lose, and correspond with 3 at a time until either I'd get tired of having a good time, or find some one special. I did meet a couple creeps in the 6 months I was on there.
I didn't even know what my husband looked like until we had our first date after emailing, then talking on the phone for a month. I thought he was funny. He ended up being this sweet , shy, adorable, honorable man. I moved in with him 2 weeks after our first date, and we haven't spent a night apart since. that was in 2003, we have been married almost 2 years. He told me after we were married that he had only been online for 2 days when he saw my profile.... My friends say I make them sick how I still go on about him, but they agree he's perfect for me.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 AM

met my husband on Match.com been together nearly 7 years and married 6
Old 04-15-2010, 11:13 AM

i was divorced for 28 years had met a couple of guys was serious about one but things didn't work out one of the young guys that i work with had gotten divorced and was getting on line and was telling the rest of us about the ones he was talking to so i finally decided to go on the internet the first guy that emailed me had just lost his first wife of 40 years and was lonely i finally got up my nerve to email him back he lived about 3 hours away we decided to meet and he grilled steak and gave me a rose something i wasn't used to and took me out dancing nothing really happened or sparked but we stayed friends called each other every week and talked meantime he married another lady that he had met online things didn't work out he ended up getting a divorce and moving to my hometown i lost my one and only son and he was right there with me all the way through anyway we ended up getting married on july 5th, 2008 i felt like the Lord knew i was going to need him at that bad time of my life and sent him to me then he has been good to me gotten to be a good cook since i work usually 6 days a week doesn't like to clean house but i'm working on that i told him he makes a good househusband
Old 04-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Wow I have tried online but I had several scary situations. Maybe I should try again.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 AM

LOVE all these stories! :thumbup:

My best girlfriend was dating a guy who introduced me to HIS best friend (soon-to-be hubby Andy). This (cute) guy asked me for a date for the following Saturday ... and so did another friend of his ... for the following Friday. Always taking advantage of opportunity, I dated Mike on Friday. Andy found out, and decided to date an ex of his on Saturday ... making him 2 hours late for our FIRST date! Luckily, I didn't hold a grudge. A week later, we were going "steady" and we married 3 years later, in 1969.

Unfortunately, I lost my dear hubby at the early age of 35, but he left me with 3 beautiful daughters to raise, and now I have 5 beautiful grandchildren to enjoy. Had he lived, we would have been together for FORTY FOUR (!!!) years at the end of this month. Where does the time go? (especially since I'm only 29!) :D :-D
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Oh, I forgot to tell you, we were both members of agroup called The Rehoboth Minutemen, and dressed up 1776 to get married. AND we were married in a barn. How many people can say that?
We had our reception in a barn.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
This first date was on April 30, 1993 and two months later we were already talking marriage. We got married on May 6th, 1995.
The evening of May 6th, 1995 was when I knew I would never ever find love. I had the worst date that day w/a sailor in town for training down at Dahlgren and that night I just gave up.

Then a few weeks later (in a moment of extreme weakness) I agreed to date another guy I had been chatting and writing with online. We went bowling and had a blast. We thought we would be great friends because neither of us ever wanted to deal w/any of that love forever crap. You know what happened next, two weeks after our first date he told me he was falling in love, said it like it was the worst thing ever and I was a little annoyed until I realized I felt the same way. We married 14 months later and had our reception at the Knights of Columbus hall (which had been converted from an old barn and still had the hayloft) which was the best place ever for a party. Our song, that's right, "Love Stinks," well it's really, "It's Your Love," but then we did have the dj play "Love Stinks." He said it was the first time that song had been requested in the twenty years he had been doing wedding receptions.

It has been only twelve years, but we will both tell you it feels a lot longer, as if we had never been apart, (and we were both in our thirties when we married) and we wouldn't want it any other way.