Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How I briefly lost 100 IQ points. >

How I briefly lost 100 IQ points.

How I briefly lost 100 IQ points.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 AM

Since my brothers step daughter and her kid moved in last year, I rarely go downstairs so I rarely watch tv. I have become quite fond of Netflix however. I watch all the British mystery series they have on there.

I have always loved archeology. When I do catch a bit of these shows on tv , I always wonder what someone will think, a thousand years from now if they come across these shows. I hate to think that the people on tv and in the news today is what they think we are like. Most are either dumb as rocks or fanatics of the worst sort. I am neither. Sad to think that today Money is what is important .
Old 09-09-2012, 05:54 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL and my family wonders why I only watch History, History 2, Discovery unless there is a sewing program on .. LOL
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 AM

I agree that show,
and truly many others on now
are a total waste of time.
J J
Old 09-09-2012, 07:00 AM

I think Ryan Seacrest produces Jersey Shores and the Kardashian shows. If he does then I think it is understandable. In my honest opinion, he is closely related to that pair of scissors you leave in the back of the drawer because they can't even cut paper.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by PKITTY1 View Post
I think Ryan Seacrest produces Jersey Shores and the Kardashian shows. If he does then I think it is understandable. In my honest opinion, he is closely related to that pair of scissors you leave in the back of the drawer because they can't even cut paper.
LOL.....Oh my, that is just too funny!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:31 AM

ROL --- I know what you mean!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:02 AM

I was shocked to see one of the commentators on I think it was "The Buzz" show ask people to please stop watching shows like "Honey Boo Boo" because they are dumbing us down. The man was almost pleading with the viewers. I was channel surfing when I stopped on the show since I don't watch much TV. I do like watching some of the oldies on Memorable TV (ME TV).
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM

It is amazing isn't it that the cooking channels actually seem to have more intelligent people than a lot of other channels. There are some other current shows, like Big Bang Theory that require some thinking by the audience. A lot of the older shows did require thinking.

It's amazing that so many shows actually don't have a "theme." Honestly, how can reality be a theme, since how is it reality to have a camera crew in your home all the time?

Last edited by caspharm; 09-09-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
I have never watched the show. The little bit that I've seen on the Today show I wonder why the media is even giving these people attention. I was thrilled to hear the show was canceled. Between that and the Kardashians I question the common sense of media.
"Common sense" and "the media" should never appear in the same sentence! lol
Old 09-09-2012, 01:26 PM

It is so refreshing to hear other people who have the same opinion of "reality" TV as I do. I know people I've always considered intelligent who watch that drivel......they tell me it is hilarious to watch what people will do for ratings......I think it is just sad that it takes that kind of trash to get people to laugh these days.

Give me a plot line and some people that can act and make a character believable....love Gibbs!