Huge storm coming!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:35 AM

I was a kid in Ohio when the blizzard of 77 hit. My sister and I thougt it was fun, but my Mom and Dad thought differently. LOL!!

I hope everyone makes it through this storm safely and it soon melts away! I don't think we will be getting any of it here in northeast TN. At least I hope not!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:36 AM

I also remember the storm of '77, living in southern Ontario. We are going to be right in the dead center of this storm when it gets up here. I'm actually hoping we get enough that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! LOL

Everyone stay safe!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 AM

Yes, we only got an inch or so from last nights storm, thank goodness! My two dogs hated going out in that this morning, boy they are in for a rude awakening this afternoon! Please stay safe everyone and stay home if you don't need to go out! Hang onto you hats, it's going to get wild here!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 AM

We have the BHSS Black Hills Stock Show and Quilt Show going on this week. It always seems to get super cold but this is nuts.... -22 and a breeze starting,is what we have right now at 7:35 am. Schools running, but will be 2 hours late. Quite a few Deisel vehicles along the road (I assume freezing/gel'in up. Most of the snow has missed us.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Dallas has a layer of ice over everything!!! No school today, no college class to teach tonight, so I plan on finishing an outfit for my granddaughter, then to lay out the sailboats for the Project Linus quilts. Maybe a cup of hot cocoa to take off the chill, and hot soup for lunch. We are not supposed to get above freezing today, so may have tomorrow off, too!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:57 AM

Here in Indiana we are expecting ice and snow. I would much rather have the snow.

We had a blizzard here in 76.
JulieM
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Well we are hunkering down here in the Chicago area , got a little snow last night but they are predicting that about 3:00 Pm it will "hit". I think the 50 mph winds they are saying as possible is the worst part. having grown up in Buffalo , I still remember the bizzard of 77. Many many ft of snow and illegal to drive , it was actually kinda fun.
We were living in Northern Illinois then and I too remember the snow. My husband and I cleared about 6 inches from our long lane, then in a couple hours cleared another 6 inches, and then the next morning 6 inches more. Our children and friends made tunnels while the snow contined another 6 inches for a total of 2 feet. Everyone helped others and I saved photos and newspaper accounts. When we lived in Wisconsin the snow made 10 ft. high walls on both sides of the roads. In Colorado the snow was deep but fluffy and a relief from the heavy wet Midwest type. Our son says his forecast includes ice, and our daughter actually wants more snow out west so the fire season in the mountains won't be so dry.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 AM

They are calling for 20+ inches of snow here in NE Missouri. Of course, my DH is in Germany. Hope he's able to get home on Saturday. Snow hasn't started yet, but is supposed to get going around noon. It is supposed to come down at 2-3 inches PER HOUR. Don't know if I've ever seen it snow that hard before. I did make a run to the store to make sure I had enough fabric to see me through. haha. Everyone stay warm and safe.

Snow started while I was typing. Here we go.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM

Here near Kansas City, MO, we woke at 5:00 to an icy glaze (and I don't mean donuts, then it really started snowing about 7:30. The snow is coming down like rain. We even had thunder for a short, short time. Expecting to get 6-10 inches. Very, very cold and getting colder. All schools are closed within a 60-100 mile radius, even most colleges. I'm quiltin' if I can get off this wonderful blog.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 AM

It is snowing here and a little breezy. Right now it is coming out of the East, but that is supposed to change to the North and eventually come out of the NE. I have been watching the weather map as we are right in the middle of it's path. It looks like it is about an hour away by the map. We are in the extreme NW corner of Missouri. Dang it sure would be fun to be in Hawaii about now. Maybe if I make a wish and click my ruby red slipper heels together 3 times. Now where did I put them slippers........................LOL I meant to say in the extreme NE corner of Mo.