Huge storm coming!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Dallas has a layer of ice over everything!!! No school today, no college class to teach tonight, so I plan on finishing an outfit for my granddaughter, then to lay out the sailboats for the Project Linus quilts. Maybe a cup of hot cocoa to take off the chill, and hot soup for lunch. We are not supposed to get above freezing today, so may have tomorrow off, too!!!!
Hot drinks, hot soup, warm quilts and a day or two off from school. Sounds good. What college course do you teach? My husband teaches college level Mathematics.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 AM

Wichita is shut down. -28 windchill and almost a whiteout. I'm ready to move back to NM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Walla2
Yes, we only got an inch or so from last nights storm, thank goodness! My two dogs hated going out in that this morning, boy they are in for a rude awakening this afternoon! Please stay safe everyone and stay home if you don't need to go out! Hang onto you hats, it's going to get wild here!
I'm in Chicago, too...but we got at least 3"maybe more...one of the drifts in front is over the first step. I shoveled for Tink, but she was not going for it ;-)
I did discover something...my shovel fits between my doors...this way I don't have to find it in all the snow. :roll:
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Brenda M
I also remember the storm of '77, living in southern Ontario. We are going to be right in the dead center of this storm when it gets up here. I'm actually hoping we get enough that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! LOL

Everyone stay safe!!
you are only 30 mins from me! Was just watching the weather network and we are not going to get the dump until later tonight, but they say tomorrow will be a snow day, so will may get your wish and you can spend the day quilting which is what I will be doing. I may even move my machine down to the family room in front of the fire!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 AM

us too! We do have school today in Austin but it is 27* now and 40 mph gusts!!! I'm sewing and having hot tea! Temps supposed to get in teens here tonight, thats absurd!
Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Dallas has a layer of ice over everything!!! No school today, no college class to teach tonight, so I plan on finishing an outfit for my granddaughter, then to lay out the sailboats for the Project Linus quilts. Maybe a cup of hot cocoa to take off the chill, and hot soup for lunch. We are not supposed to get above freezing today, so may have tomorrow off, too!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 AM

it is really snowing hard here and have to go to work at 2
Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
it is really snowing hard here and have to go to work at 2
Be careful, stay safe!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 AM

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and we had about 3 inches of snow on the ground then. Weatherman says to expect 12 to 20 inches thru Wednesday. Just looked out again and notice that the rocks around the flower gardens are completely covered so we must now have at least 8 inches. The wind is blowing strongly. It is now a "whiteout" as I can't see down our lane. We have plenty of wood for the fireplace and plenty of water and food so are prepared to stay put for several days if need be. Waiting to hear from the kids to see if they are still leaving for Florida tomorrow, if they do I need to travel about 25 miles to stay with grandkids for a few days. I'm secretly hoping the kids business trip has been cancelled and I don't have to make the short trip to their house.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
WHEW glad I am off a couple days, it is solid ice here, hope we don't lose power!
Love your Avatar pooch - looks like he/she would be cozy to cuddle up to in a storm! Adorable dog - Bassett hound, right?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

We started with freezing rain and now have lots of snow. Staying inside and playing with DGD. Everyone stay safe and warm.