Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I am at my wits end with this cat!!! >

I am at my wits end with this cat!!!

I am at my wits end with this cat!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mytwopals
This reminds me, why I prefer dogs. Good luck getting your cat to behave. Sounds like you've got one that's real attention hungry.
Mtp...it's not just cats that will jump on a table if you don't stop them...tsk, tsk tsk...and i are a dog owner and a cat owner.:wink:
nice try for the canines :thumbup: :lol:
Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Blockhead
There is a double sided tape designed especially for this. You can get it in pet shops or online (sorry I forget the brand name). Cats hate sticky on their feet. You can also use it on furniture etc. to stop scratching

Better still, play with her. Use a cat toy, scrunched up paper bag, a ball, anything. Spend 15 mins per day playing with her and see what a difference a happy cat makes.
I'm thinkin this cat already gets a lot of your time and attention! Cats do not know they are PETS! in their opinion, you are the pet, and they want to see YOU jump through hoops!! Just kidding, but seriously, the garage? there is all kinds of stuff out there to play with.....;0 ) Do you have a carrier to place the cat in, near enough to you for you to talk to but still confined for a few minutes?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Persnikety
I have one of those and her name is Freckles. I keep a squirt bottle within reach and give her a couple of blasts. It works. The kind of spray bottle is a hand pump and turn the nozzel so that it's a stream. It will go about 10'. :thumbup:
Can't stop laughing!!! this image is stuck in my mind!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Some cats are just that way. I cured a cat once by buying some contact paper. It only took once.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:17 PM

I could just imagine putting that drawer lining paper on the table, her jumping onto it, getting it stuck all over her and then ME trying to get her out of it. :lol: :XD:
Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I could just imagine putting that drawer lining paper on the table, her jumping onto it, getting it stuck all over her and then ME trying to get her out of it. :lol: :XD:
That reminds me of the story my oldest told me about her cat when she got stuck to the sticky mouse trap. Was horrible for the cat, but was funny when she was telling the story. Felt bad for poor kitty! That sticky glue was all over kitty AND whatever she came into contact to include a quilt! Needless to say, sticky glue came off of kitty AND quilt with just a bit of work....ok, ALOT of work!

I wouldn't use vinegar...can hurt kitty.
When mine get up on counters or tables, I just go over, spank them and toss them on the floor. After a while, they realized that being spanked was NOT a good thing so now they don't get up on counters or tables. Ok, they will get on the table IF a box is put up there. We all know about cats and boxes.....lol
Old 01-26-2010, 04:32 PM

:-D I was imagining frantic attempts to get away from the paper and me being within reach of her claws trying to "help".
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

How old is she Pam?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:40 PM

She'll be a year old in April or so.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Your cat is bored, and no different from a kid, attention even negative is still attention.

Cat's like to perch up high, get her her own perch where she can be up high and see out a window. As for the plants, get her some cat nip and toys with cat nip in them. :)