Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't do any sewing because.. >

I can't do any sewing because..

I can't do any sewing because..

Old 05-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Cyn

I take Relefen (I'm sure I didn't spell it right) and when it starts acting up real bad- I go to Physical Therapy and it helps!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM

My Mom's doctor and a friend of mine's doctor says to take two Tylenol, at least 1,000mg, twice a day and take it continually.....I have arthritis in my neck, knee, back, from injuries...it really helps when I take it on a regular basis.....
Old 05-31-2011, 06:02 PM

After two neck disc surgeries in 10 months, I started hurting again. I went to another doctor and the nurse practioner recommended physical therapy. It was tough at first, but it really worked. So now when I start having neck pain, I do a few of the neck exercizes and I start feeling better. I was amazed.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Arthritis is really bad right now. Everyone is complaining. I don't know why. It might be all the rain.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM

I do ice packs on my neck, I have a tens unit, I take victin (spell) tried accupressure, the thing that works best is a proceedure called radiofrequency ablation, its burning of the nerves in my neck.Done as an outpatient, Helps for awhile, then it has to be done again when the nerver regenrate.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:37 PM

ask your MD for a physical therapy referral, then ask the physical therapist how best to position your body when sewing, they can come up with some amazing ideas! also make sure that you are taking rest breaks, not sitting for too long, try to sit straight to the machine and not lean over to see what you are doing, make sure you have plenty of light. take your pain medication about a half hour before a sewing session. Hope some of these help, arthritis is a (rhymes with witch), and I have it in both knees
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM

Celebrex works well for me, but it is very hard on my stomach, so I can't take it. Does taking frequent breaks help?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM

I have neck issues due to a very unwanted titanium cage around my cervical spine. It tends to get achy after sitting at the machine or computer for any length of time. A nice heat pad works wonders. Even one of those rice bags that can be tossed into the microwave. Just make sure it doesn't burn ya.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
last night I was in severe pain all over and laid on the electric mattress pad on my bed, took Naproxen pain pill and went to bed, this morning I am feeling better
The cold damp weather we are having is sending my fibro into overdrive! I hurt all over.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:19 PM

Linda B. you need to raise your machine up so you aren't "stooping" over to sew. I have heard people say they bought an old chair and cut the legs off it so you are sitting lower with the machine at your chest height. Maybe you could put some blocks under the table to holds your machine so it is higher. I know when I sew for a long time I get a bad ache in my neck, I have a pulsing shower head and it helps to take a hot shower that pounds on my neck & back. Also my eyes bug me from my glasses so I end up with a headache. I only wear them to see things close up. Plain old Bayer asprin might help if you can take it. Another thing you might try is one of those black back braces like people who lift heavy stuff wear. I am not sure what they are called but it keeps your back straight. Hope you feel better soon. crafty_linda_b