Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't do any sewing because.. >

I can't do any sewing because..

I can't do any sewing because..

Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 AM

I had a really bad back once that physio couldn't help. I went to acupuncture and it was great!! As a bonus, my neck pain, which was chronic, was also fixed! I've also heard that some people have good results from chiropracters and naturopaths. I'd certainly explore every avenue and surgery would be a last resort.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 AM

I have this problem too. Have some disks callsofied (misplelled) & last yr or so can't turn my head either way very far at all. Thinking about going to a chiropractor. My son is 1 but his office is too far away. If sit at this thing (computer) too long is when mine starts up. At nite I use rub ons & take idtrophren (mispelled).
We're all in same boat. This human body does things as it ages, huh???

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-01-2011, 03:01 AM

When my neck hurts I try to only sew in short time periods and then rest my neck - do neck exercises - take pain reliever. And try to keep your machine at a level where you don't have to look down to sew.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
the arthritis in my neck is killing me!!! It is really becoming a huge problem for me. Do any of you have this problem? And what do you do about it? I've tried heat. I've tried ice. I've tried ibuprophen. I've tried tramadol. Nothing seems to help. I'm about ready to get some surgery, but would really rather not have to do that. Any ideas?
Excedrin works really well..I pinched a nerve in my shoulder about 2 months ago and that was about the only thing that worked for me..I hope that you get to feeling better soon..I know that pain has to be awful..
Old 06-01-2011, 03:05 AM

Celebrex was wonderful for all my needs, but I'm allergic to it. That and alot of other anti-inflammatory drugs. Make sure your sewing machine is lower than your shoulders so your hands don't have to reach 'up'. If cutting causes you more pain, ask a friend or sister to help you cut. Whatever seems to aggravate it the most, save until you have a good day. Trying to do things we we hurt causes more inflamation. I wish you the best.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 AM

My rheumatologist gives me injections about every three months as I have arthritis and fibro,injections are in the mucles in my shoulder.Sure it hurts but the relief is great and seems to help my whole body.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by kathdavis
Arthritis is really bad right now. Everyone is complaining. I don't know why. It might be all the rain.
Rain? What's that? Texas has been shorted severely in the rain department, only 5" of rain since last October in the Austin area.
I'm sorry that you're hurting.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 AM

I am full of arthritis. I tried many different methods to relieve my pain, but nothing worked. A doctor, who was just covering for my family doctor, prescribed a drug named "Arthrotec". I am now mostly pain free and enjoying all of life's little pleasures again. I hope this helps !
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 AM

Thanks for the posting! I think I need to try to adjust the chair at my sewing machine.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 AM

Linda - My Mom sleeps with a soft neck brace and that has helped immensely. Its sturdy, but padded and fitted to her. Hope you find some relief.