Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't do any sewing because.. >

I can't do any sewing because..

I can't do any sewing because..

Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 AM

Take 1# of white raisins, put in quart jar, cover with Gin. Place in frig. Every night, take 9 raisins out and eat them. Now I hate Gin, but had Arthritis in every joint of my body, I had 2 babies in diapers and could not put pins in them, ( this was 50 yrs ago) I couldn`t lift the milk jug out of the frig. This is an old Indian recipe. I could not tolarate the meds and was miserable 24-7. I took this for 3 mo. and the arthritis was gone. I still have some in the frig and start taking it when ever I need it till the pain goes away. I was 23 yrs. old when I started and now I1m 72 and pain free!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 AM

I have arthritis in my neck and I go to a massage therapist every other week. The massage really helps with the pain. In between appointments my husband will rub my neck if it gets too sore. Ask your doctor about massage. He may give you a prescription then your insurance will pay for it.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 AM

A chriropator (could be spelled wrong) LOL, helps the arthritis in my knees. When he adjusts my back and neck I walk straighter and have less pain in my knees. Maybe you should try one or at talk to one and see if he/she can help. Ask around to friends for a good one. Good luck, take care.
Linda
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Physical therapy may help but maybe your Dr can give you a shot of cortizone. It does help. I had a disc replaced in my neck in 2004 but I still have 2 that gives me problems. Praying for you because it is no fun.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by earlylace
I do ice packs on my neck, I have a tens unit, I take victin (spell) tried accupressure, the thing that works best is a proceedure called radiofrequency ablation, its burning of the nerves in my neck.Done as an outpatient, Helps for awhile, then it has to be done again when the nerver regenrate.
I have had the ablation done also and it really does help for persistant pain in one area. I suggest you go to a pain clinic where they will treat your chronic pain with several approaches which will include many of the ideas suggested here.
I also use a TENS unit, and traction, along with exercises which I do every day to keep my neck mobile and the muscles around it as flexible as possible.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 AM

The pain can be managed ~ what works for me ~ 1) buckwheat pillow, 2) water aerobics classes at YMCA, 3) putting door stops under my featherwieght so my machine is tilted towards me ( this made a huge difference! ), 4) massage, 5) rice heating pads, 6) Glucosamine Chondroitin .............now I think I will add the GIN raisins just for fun !!!!! Somewhere I read our heads weight about 10lbs, just think of the neck holding up that weight everyday ~ yet it does it !!!! Amazing !!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
the arthritis in my neck is killing me!!! It is really becoming a huge problem for me. Do any of you have this problem? And what do you do about it? I've tried heat. I've tried ice. I've tried ibuprophen. I've tried tramadol. Nothing seems to help. I'm about ready to get some surgery, but would really rather not have to do that. Any ideas?
Maybe get a good massage will help yur problem. I am contemplating one as my neck hurts often.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:07 AM

Celebrex is the only thing that helps me.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Hi Linda B,
Suffer from the same problem. Sucks, doesn't it!!!!! When it gets really bad, I use a Lidoderm Patch. Numbs the area, can use up to 3 and they stay on for 12 hours (then 12 hours off). They really work for me. On super bad days I combine them with 750 mg of Relafen (described as a giant asprin by my doc) every 12 hours. This combination usually works like a charm and increases my quilting time. Hope this helps. (Both of these meds are prescription only).
westies
Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 AM

mine goes from lower back to neck and shoulder......

I use Icy Hot..

and it really helps...if going out and walking a lot, those little Advil liquids really do the trick.