Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread >

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
Don't complain about them, just go with the flow and appreciate them for who they are!
I agree. I'm sure we do things (at least I know that I do) that rub against the grain for them.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 PM

I have been married for 26 years to a very wonderful man. We have had only one argument in that time. It was at a time when I was very depressed because I had couldn't walk without falling on my face so I stayed away from everyone. He got upset about me staying to myself because he didn't know what was going on but he ask me the wrong question and I blow sky high.
He asked if I was having an affair with someone else.
Wrong question, I got into my truck, he jump in front of it but soon jumped out of the way when I pressed the gas at full speed. If he hadn't jump out of the way I would have run him over because I was that angry that he didn't trust me better then that.

We have never had another argument since. I'm glad he moved out of the way. I would be lost without him.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Not mine but my SIL's story. We were having a yard sale at my house and the hubbies were supposed to clean up the yard and take out a dying tree at her house. Then pick up a few things at our house before heading to the dump. I'll never forget the look on her face when they pulled in. "You took out the wrong tree!!"
Old 06-06-2013, 11:31 PM

My DH likes to clean his Sunday shoes with a nice, white clean wash cloth. For some reason, I can't get it thru to him to use the stained ones that won't come clean from before........Also, I have the running commentary at the beginning, end, and all thru the middle of any show I want to watch. I usually end up taping them and rewatching them later.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 AM

This is what I like about this board and the people on it. You get your laugh of the day. This is so funny. God sure knew that we would need laughs, when he made adam and eve
Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 AM

I really feel sorry for you ladies whose husband feels free to go into your sewing area and 'borrow' your tools. Mine knows that EVERYTHING in my sewing room is OFF LIMITS.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 AM

I don't know where to start! Love him dearly but geezzzz......what do we expect, they're only men!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 AM

I've been married for 39 years this year. We are really good about staying out of each other's "stuff". There is the occasional "oops", but that's what Joann's 50% off coupons are for. If he was disrespecting my stuff, we'd have another problem. Gotta keep him - I promised!!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:36 AM

Let me count the ways........................
Old 06-07-2013, 03:48 AM

After we moved to a new house with an unfinished basement I agitated till he helped me drywall (translate that as helped me carry the sheets into the basement) three walls. The rest was storage of boxes as the movers had dumped them. I worked for months to carve out my sewing quilting space as well as organize a pantry so it was a pleasant sight when I had friends over to my space.
What has he done to this pleasant space? He brought in all his wine and beer making paraphernalia because. "the garage is too messy". Mind you he makes awesome fine wine and beer. BUT.....
MaryKatherine