Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread >

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM

We just celebrated our 65th anniversary. I'm afraid the problem is me. Years ago, some business had asked for old white shirts for a city that had suffered flooding. I checked all his shirts, divided the good from the "give aways" and gave away the good ones instead of the others. We had to go to the store and replenish his supply.LOL
Old 10-03-2013, 11:41 AM

Glenn is a good guy in fact he's cooking tonight but there are a couple of things he does that make me crazy. It's just the 2 of us and the 3 hounds. Glenn has to have constant noise. The first thing he does when he wakes up or walks in the house is turn the TV on. Nope , that's not the strange part. We have a TV in the living room, the family room, the 2 upstairs bedrooms, the PC in the office and my Kindle Fire. Every room he walks into he has to turn the TV on and he NEVER turns them off. He gets home before me and it's not unusual for me to come home and find all of the TV's blaring and he's laying outside on the lounge chair watching the Sopranos on my Kindle and listening to the radio he has outside. The other thing he does that makes me crazy is never close a door. I keep the 5 doors closed upstairs to keep the hounds out when I'm not up there. At least 3 times a day he will go upstairs and when he comes back down every door is open. Sometimes I think I spend half of my time going up and down the stairs closing doors and turning TV's and lights off.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:13 PM

This has been a great read!! DH and I have been married 39 years last month. There were times I thought I might kill him and others that I thought he was a doll. He has his quirks and I have mine. What I have always said is that we all have our faults. The secret is to find someone who has faults that you can live with. For instance. My DH is NEVER at a lack of his own opinion, and is loud about voicing it. But a friend of mine DH gets upset with her and doesn't speak for days at a time. I think I would rather know what is bothering him and get it out and overwith!! She prefers their way. My DH has lots of faults. Don't we all. But he doesn't smoke, drink excessively or beat me. I could not put up with any of that!! He likes to cook, I don't. He fishes, I sew. We agree that if I want to go and he don't, I go. IF he wants to go and I don't, he goes. Sometimes we go for each other! It works, and I , too, have thought a lot lately about what I would do if he were not here. Can't bear the thought. Treasure what you have, you never know when it will leave.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

We have multiples of scissors in every room. BUT they are used only for the items in that room. Since I do cut templates, I have paper and heavy duty scissors marked. He knows this.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:46 AM

My father used to drive us all around the bend. Every Christmas Eve at 4.00pm he would decide to paint the living room. When finished I was to collect my gran while they put the decorations and furniture in place. Wish I still did it.