I got chosen..

Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM

I once served on a double murder (victims were young boys) death penalty case. Quite honestly, it was emotionally difficult, and an overwhelming responsibility, BUT...I am so glad I was chosen.

It was very interesting to see the system in action and I felt honored to be trusted with that responsibility.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM

We're from a rather small (population wise) county here in GA. I have to call next weekend to see if I have to report. My husband has never been summoned, nor my son who majored in political science and would LOVE to serve. This will be my 3rd time in the past few years. Must give them good answers to their questions and they like me~!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:52 AM

Last time I got called somehow ended up in a trail for a DUI for my neighbor's nephew. I was an alternate when they were asking questions of the jury and then when they called me to be one of the 12....they didn't ask me any questions. Luckily they pled a lesser charge and I didn't have to vote.

Another time during the questioning, I kept answering yes to questions such as "do you or anyone you know work for an insurance company" (I did) and after answering yes to six or seven of a dozen questions, I was pulled aside for additional questions. I was dismissed from serving, but I think I would have made a great expert witness for the case.

All in all, I have been called four times, so hopefully I am done.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 AM

I get to call in on ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) April 1st!
Less than 2 years since last served!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
man.. since I got married and changed my name I've been called at least 2 times a year. Been called at least 10 times in the 5 years I've been married. :( In 2008, when I was pregnant with my daughter and on bed rest they decided that I could serve on a jury, and the trial date was supposed to start about a week before my due date. that was so uncomfortable sitting there. They wouldn't even give me a potty break when I was 9 months pregnant.

Hate Jury Duty! I hope I never serve again. I've done 3 trials. Call someone else. My mother, active military all her life, has always wanted to serve. Never been called. How the heck do they keep calling me?????
You should have gotten a note from your doctor! If you were ordered to be on bed rest, they should have (at least) allowed you to delay your service! :twisted:
Old 02-21-2011, 12:07 PM

so far i have escaped 3 times
Old 02-21-2011, 12:59 PM

tomorrow is the big day - I'm looking forward to it! and as a bonus, I get paid $10 per day and mileage LOL

I work from home so it will be nice to get out amongst people for a little while, by the time it is over, I'll probably ready to crawl back under my rock for a while :thumbup:
Old 02-21-2011, 01:19 PM

what are you allowed to do if you are sequestered? hand sew? read books?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:44 PM

Now that I' m retired, I' ve been called 3 years running. Before that, I had not been called in over 20 years.

Who Figures?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:48 PM

They have called me several times since we moved to Atlanta. I went once, did not get chosen. Got sicker talked to my doc, got a letter from him. They've called me several times since and now after I talked to a jury supervisor, I now have a number to give them for my excuse. I would serve, but between pain issues and brainfog and short term memory loss....I wouldn't want me on a jury! :-)