I got promoted!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:43 AM

HUGE Congrats!!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Congratulations on the job change!

Maybe take it a bit slower with the moving in with the new boyfriend?
Did I mention I live with my mother? lol.

He offered to let me move in before we started officially going out after hearing that I wanted to move out of my mom's place so bad. (He's a friend of mine from high school I hadn't seen in a while). Just so happened we found some chemistry and now we're a couple.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

He offered to let me move in before we started officially going out after hearing that I wanted to move out of my mom's place so bad. (He's a friend of mine from high school I hadn't seen in a while). Just so happened we found some chemistry and now we're a couple.
I had the impression that you had just met each other - - -
Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

I had the impression that you had just met each other - - -
Nope. Known him for years. He moved back into town back in July........but, you know, working the night shift I hadn't had the time to have a social life during the day to know these sorts of things. Happened to run into him during Halloween season one night while working and we started hanging out again. I guess he had a crush on me in high school....well, most men I meet seem to have one on me. Had no idea as to why until Andrew pointed out that I'm cute, love heavy metal, love video games, love anime and manga, and my cooking is awesome. When he puts it that way I feel like the Ultimate Girlfriend.

One side note you all might like: he doesn't think my quilting is dumb. I said if I moved in with him I wanted an actual table to sew on (as I sew on a TV tray that SHOULD be used to eat TV dinners off of and not sewing). Even if it was like a cheap card table. And I proceeded to say something to the effect of "You probably think quilting is a dumb hobby" and he said, "No, not at all. I actually have couple quilts at my mom's that were given to me that I really like. I'll have to grab them next time I go over there. I was thinking about hanging it up on the wall".
Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 PM

Sounds like lots going on that is good. Be happy
Old 11-15-2010, 05:36 AM

Yes, congratulations are in order for the job change. In a way it is a promotion. I agree with the advice on the moving in. If you don't want your heart broken or big disappointments, take it slow and easy. Your present arrangement can't be so bad that you can take a while to feel out this relationship before taking such a drastic step.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:37 AM

How wonderful for you! May the blessings continue to come your way.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by GailG

Yes, congratulations are in order for the job change. In a way it is a promotion. I agree with the advice on the moving in. If you don't want your heart broken or big disappointments, take it slow and easy. Your present arrangement can't be so bad that you can take a while to feel out this relationship before taking such a drastic step.
Besides my mom there's also her boyfriend and my two brothers. So I'm sharing a place with four other people (plus two cats). The men in the house are absolute pigs at times---like not lifting up the toilet seat or aiming properly when they have to go. EEW! Being that its mom's house its the "my house, my rules" sort of power trip thing sometimes. Also, Mom's been menopausal for the last few years so occasionally everyone gets caught in her crosshairs. I have no privacy. People don't even bother to knock on my door most of the time and when they do and I don't answer they just let themselves in anyways. My youngest brother has helped himself to a lot of my things---scratched the DVDs and has even loaned some to his friends (a couple which I never got back). I can't keep my own food without hiding it because if I don't they'll beg and whine until I give in and give them some or just help themselves. If my other younger brother, who has an extreme form of autism, finds like Doritos or soda or something else that he likes I HAVE to give him some most of the time or otherwise he'll throw an autistic fit over it.

I want a less stressful environment where I can have some sort of level of privacy, not have to worry about stuff being "borrowed", not have to hide food, and if there are any men in the house I don't have to worry about accidently sitting on a toilet seat covered in urine. I NEED boundaries!!! lol
Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

If you move in as a "friend" or "housemate" - with rules/guidelines - and maybe some rent money being paid -

I think it would be easier to enforce boundaries and limits on/with each other.

It would also be easier to claim some space as "yours" that would be off-limits to anyone else.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM

If you move in as a "friend" or "housemate" - with rules/guidelines - and maybe some rent money being paid -

I think it would be easier to enforce boundaries and limits on/with each other.

It would also be easier to claim some space as "yours" that would be off-limits to anyone else.
I agree. and I will pray for you to make good decisions that will keep you safe.