Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I joined weight watchers - on line >

I joined weight watchers - on line

I joined weight watchers - on line

Old 03-29-2011, 03:40 AM

I tried that once. I found it confusing. I liked the old points program they had years ago. Good luck to you.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 AM

I go to the meetings and have online as part of the fee. I love the interaction of people and do better that way.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
should have asked me first, I would have told to skip the confusing costly WW site and go straight to a FREE, easy to use, amazing website..

http://www.sparkpeople.com

the food tracking can not be beat, the exercise videos and tracking are the best on the internet, the information and even the forums are all FREE..and open 24/7.....

Give them a try and see what you think!
I did WW for a while, hardly lost anything. But Sparkpeople I find totally inspiring and much easier to follow. Bonus is that if I am diligent about tracking, I lose easily!!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 AM
BMP

I am a Lifetime memeber, I follow on line but dont follow the new PointsPlus plan I am still doing the Momentum because I already know most of the points and measurements by heart. All my recipes ETC are in the old plan also. Once you get going it gets easier to follow.
I found that writing on pkgs with a sharpie worked the best for me when I started, I still do that if I have bought something I dont use often or new to me.
It works but you really need to keep track and write everything down that you eat.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:20 AM

I need to get back to tracking again. I am a lifetime member but the pounds have recently started inching up. It would be nice to be able to check in regularly on this site for inspiration. We need to form a group here.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 AM

I'm not online but I had joined and was going to meetings then finances got in the way and am now re-starting on my own today. I have the books and calculator. I would love to have a "buddy" or "buddies" . I stay at home all the time and don't have many friends to talk to. :oops: I have a long way to go and had gained back the 10 I lost. Hugs, Julie
Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 AM

Did ww for awhile and lost the weight. After three years it slowly came back. I found the website www.Sparkpeople.com which is great and it is free. It has the food journal which is a wonderful helper.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 AM

I joined a week ago and I am really confused with the whole thing as I have a hard time figuring it all out! the labels are easier for me than trying to record all the tracking stuff 8-) But I will welcome someone following along with me hope you arnt as confused as I, one thing is we have dial-up computer, so maybe that has something to add to the confusion, at that is what I blame everything on that darn dial-up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I also go a walking tape of Leslie Sanstone and it is awsome, dont have to leave your house and it works your whole body!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 AM

i bought the walking dvd too!

i would rather do the old points way. i wonder if it is changable on the website, to go to just the points?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:05 AM

I also joined about 3 weeks ago. I find it confusing also. I read labels and go on line and find that things have higher points then what I thought. I did lose weight tho, just seems like a lot of work.